cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Motherboard Stuck on f2 or Del

WolflexZ
Level 7

Recently, I just had a multiple blackouts due to severe weather. Now my pc won't connect to the internet. It can boot into windows just fine but no wifi So, I replugged every cables, including ethernet, usb, etc. That didn't work so I restarted my pc, checked for updates, reset my wifi. Still no luck. I'm receiving wifi through my phone and other devices but not my pc. So, I cleared cmos and now I am stuck on the bios screen press f2 or del however pressing them on my keyboard won't do anything. I tried every usb slot and no luck on my keyboard. I tried updating and reinstalling bios and still no luck. I really need help.

Asus Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFi

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4080

Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB AIO

4TB WD-Black NVME

1TB WD-Black NVME

DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 2x16 6000MT/S (I have 4 of them so 64 GB of ram)

ASUS Rog Thor 1000W Platinum II

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @WolflexZ 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Based on your description, initially, the system could enter but couldn't detect Wi-Fi.
However, after clearing CMOS, the issue shifted to being stuck on the screen prompting to press <F2> or <DEL> to enter the BIOS with no response to any input.
May I inquire if you can access the BIOS at this point and if the system boots without pressing <F2> or <DEL>? Is the current BIOS version 1904?
Have you attempted cross-testing with a different wired keyboard?
Meanwhile, we suggest you refer to [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display and test with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂