cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus lightingservice.exe

Mocles
Level 8

Hello Asus team, it would be great if you could fix this serious problem with  "lightingservice.exe"

I don't use RGB, yet as long as this service is running I have a lot of freezes.

At least give us the option to remove only this function

This is a very serious problem ! Thanks you all.

6 REPLIES 6

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Mocles 

May I ask what the full model of the motherboard you are currently using is, have you installed Armoury Crate, and are there any related software settings?
In your current usage scenario, what specific actions cause "lightingservice.exe" to start running and lead to stuttering?
If you uninstall Armoury Crate, does the stuttering issue caused by "lightingservice.exe" still occur?
Kindly refer to [ASUS Armoury Crate] Armoury Crate FAQ if needed.
Meanwhile, we recommend providing more detailed hardware specifications, software versions, and problem scenarios, such as whether the stuttering prevents mouse movement or causes a crash to the desktop.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hello Jiaszzz, first of all I would like to thank you for your assistance.

My config :

ROG Strix Helios White Edition
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI
Intel core I9 13900K.
Skill Trident Z5 R Go 32 Go Kit DDR5-6600 CL34
SK Hynix Platinum P41 SSD Interne 2To PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2
ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
ROG Strix LC 360 RGB White Edition
ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II

Armory crate Lite service version is 5.8.9.

When I built my computer about 1 year ago. With RGB use, I encountered no problems the first few weeks. Then I started having freezes around a second in game like Overwatch 2, Valorant, Baldur's gates 3. I tried for a few days to determine where the problem could come from. I tried a lot of things, but nothing changed, always freezes. I started to deactivate all the services and unnecessary software one by one. My problem was resolved when I deactivated lightingservice. No more freezing. After several tests I am 100% sure that it comes from lightingservice.

The problem comes from Aura lighting.

I have known this problem for 1 year already, I waited, telling myself that it would be corrected and then i try lightingservice again. Freeze Same way today.

I remain available if I can help you. Thank you guys !

Mocles
Level 8

I find the problem rather serious, because a person who correctly installs Asus hardware will possibly end up with the same problem as. Except that he may not have the patience or the skills to find out where it could come from.

Mocles
Level 8

ah sorry I probably forgot an important detail, this only does it in game freeze of one second prevents the movement of the mouse.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Mocles 

Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for sharing the hardware specifications and scenario.
Could you also confirm your current OS and build version?
Have you checked the CPU, GPU, and fan settings to rule out performance issues caused by temperature anomalies?
Based on your description, this is a recurring issue.
Could you follow the steps below to provide a video so we can consult the relevant department?
1. Start recording a video.
2. Go to Armoury Crate > Settings > About > "Record Log" and agree to the Privacy Policy Statement.
3. Start playing a game and replicate the steps that cause the stuttering, noting whether only the display stutters, if the mouse stutters, or if the sound stutters as well.
4. Disable lightingservice.exe to see if the stuttering stops.
5. Generate log data and stop recording the video.
6. Upload the log and video to a cloud service, grant access, and share the link with us.

Please help compile the above information and I will forward it to the relevant departments for further investigation.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂