cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASM1062 DVD/RW support on Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula Z external SATA port

cLeRkS_TheDocto
Level 8

I recently tested an internal DVD/RW player on this motherboard internal SATA ports and it ran fine. I just ordered and received a pair of E-SATA to SATA cables and attempted to connect the same drive using the E-SATA ports on the motherboard I/O panel.

If I do it with the OS (Linux 22.04) running, it locks up the system requiring a reset. If I try to boot with it attached, it makes it through the system pre-load and just before entering the final boot phase, locks the system up.

Before I dive into endless searches, does the ASM1062 support CD/RW and DVD/RW drives or just bulk storage?

Thanks,
Mark

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @cLeRkS_TheDocto 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.
Without the serial number to further confirm the specifications, could you please clarify if the "ASM1062" you mentioned is an onboard SATA chipset or an add-on card?
If necessary, please DM me with the serial number, as it contains personal information, so that I can confirm further.
Based on your description, it seems that the DVD/RW player can function properly when connected directly to the SATA port on the motherboard?
Additionally, since the CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z only supports Windows systems, we recommend cross-testing with the Windows OS.
Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂