cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Bios update vs. Bluetooth malfunction

pici_1251
Level 7

Hello,

I was completely satisfied of my mother-board until I tried to test Bluetooth system (only some month ago...).
I found that it is working only partially:
- in Windows it doesn't work at all,
- while in Ubuntu it works correctly up to pairing, but after it is unable to connect the just paired device.
So, practically, it doesn't work! 

My question is easy:
- upgrading Bios to the last revision (1601 or 1602) can help me and my ill Bluetooth (rev. 4.0)?
- or it could be better to buy a USB adapter (rev. 5.2)?

Thank you very much
                   Piero

motherboard ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING (Version: 1002 Release Date: 02/15/2019), 64GB ram, 5 SATA3 disks (totally 7.5 TB), boot disk partitioned Windows10 + Ubuntu 18.04
gpu: NVIDIA Quadro FX1700
1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pici_1251 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Kindly verify the issue via Windows, since the ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING only supports Windows OS.
Could you please confirm if your current Wi-Fi driver is the latest version released on the official website, which is 2024.0.4.102, and if the Bluetooth driver is Version 1.5.1014.3003?
We recommend that you follow the steps outlined in the following two FAQs to troubleshoot the issue:
[Motherboard]Troubleshooting-How to fix Motherboard WI-FI connect problem
[Motherboard] How to solve the Bluetooth problem of the motherboard?
As we advise keeping your system up to date by installing the latest BIOS to benefit from improved functionality and performance enhancements, please consider updating the BIOS to version 1602 released on March 8, 2024, and then clearing CMOS to confirm again.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂