cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several questions regarding the PG32UCDM

Davids777
Level 9

- When I want to charge my smartphone, the monitor switches to USB-C display. Is it possible to use USB-C only as a charger ? (No fast charging 2.0, it’s a shame)
- There is a hole at the top of the monitor stand to plug in a webcam but my Logitech webcam has the same hole. How do I aim my webcam at the monitor stand ? I also need something to raise it but I don't know what ?
- The indication of the connected port (HDMI 1 in my case) appears when I turn on my computer above the ROG logo or when it wakes up and appears where I have to enter my password. Is there a way to deactivate this annoying indication ?
- The monitor comes with plenty of accessories but no cleaning cloth. I saw that it is advisable to clean the screen with distilled water and a micro fiber cloth but there are plenty of them. What model of microfiber cloth do you use to clean your OLED screen (which seems susceptible to scratches) ?

Suggestions:

- It would be nice to be able to schedule a time slot for pixel cleaning so that the screen does it every day at the same time. There is a timer in the monitor which reminds you to clean every 8 hours so it should be possible to add
- I love the screen saver function but would have liked to be able to choose the intensity to make it even darker

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Davids777 ,

thank you for your inquiry. Here are the responses to each of your questions:

1. Regarding your first question about USB-C with 90W Power Delivery charging capability, please verify if your device supports this feature. If your device does support it, you can use a USB-C power adapter with 90W Power Delivery capability to charge your device.
  2. For the question about aligning the webcam with the holes on the monitor stand, you can consider using a bracket or an extension arm to mount the webcam above the monitor and align it in the desired direction. You can also adjust the angle of the webcam for fine-tuning to ensure it aligns with the monitor.
  3. To address how to disable the indicator for connection ports on the top of the monitor, we would need to see a photo of the indicator notification for a more accurate answer.
  4. Regarding the last question, when cleaning the monitor, it is recommended to use a lint-free and non-abrasive cloth to clean the monitor surface. Dampen the cloth in a neutral cleaning solution and wipe away stubborn stains.

Detailed usage instructions can also be found in the user manual provided below.

ASUS_PG32UCDM_UM_English.pdf

We will provide your suggestions to the backend team for reference and evaluation. Thank you.

Hello @Aureliannn_ROG,

Thanks for your reply.

1) My smartphone is a Samsung S23 Ultra limited to 45W charging but it supports super fast charging 2.0. It is currently charged at 70%, to reach 100% with my Anker 45W charger and a very good quality Anker cable, it needs 34 minutes and displays a different color to show that it is in super fast charging 2.0. When plugging it into the monitor, whether with the cable provided by Asus or my Anker cable, I do not have super fast charging and it indicates 37 minutes to reach 100%, the same time as the USB cable- C Ivanky that I use to transfer my files to my computer. Switching to 90W limits the light to 65% but my smartphone is limited to 45W so in my case, 65W should be sufficient at this level.

2) Do you have a link to a product like this ? Does Asus have these kinds of accessories ?

3) I am attaching photos here to show you the problem that occurs when I turn on the computer and when it wakes up from long sleep. I think this information is useless. I didn't have this display on my old Asus monitor

After hibernate wake upAfter hibernate wake upWhen computer power onWhen computer power on

4) I have seen a lot of topics that advise using distilled water and a micro fiber cloth, the problem is that there are plenty of them (I am attaching a photo of those that I have). I have already used the ones which are completely on the left but I am really afraid of making micro scratches on the screen and I would therefore like to buy those which have the least chance of damaging the screen

20240402_153814.jpg