cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ Firmware V037 shuts down the monitor permanently

alpassione
Level 8

I downloaded the V037 unaware that there was already a V040 version bcuz I wanted to fix the HDR problem. Anyway now my monitor power is shut down and doesn't open despite doing all the troubleshooting steps that on the ASUS website. I also can't update it to V040 bcuz the monitor is off. I've contacted the support team but in the meantime for them to answer has anyone found a fix to this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey,

Yes I had realized that the error was on my part. I had gotten mixed up the names between the 42’ and 48’ monitors and was unaware until recently that I had uploaded the 42’ V037 version to the 48’ monitor. Anyway I sent the monitor to an official ASUS service center and hopefully they’ll be able to revert the monitor to it’s original firmware. 

Are there any plans though to develop a new firmware for the 48’ because the V029 did not fix the HDR issue which is what prompt me into looking for a new firmware update in the first place.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @alpassione ,

according to your question, did the black screen issue occur after updating to firmware version 037? 

Is the monitor's light only turned on? What color is it? Have you tried unplugging and reconnecting the power and signal cables? 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

The latest firmware on the official website of PG48UQ is version 029. 

Have you updated the firmware from the official website? 

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/PG48UQ/ASUS_PG48UQ_FW_V029_and_update_SOP.zip?mode...

Please try downloading the file to your PC and follow the instructions. 

If the issue still persists, we recommend bringing the monitor to the nearest official service center for further diagnostics. 

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

Hey,

Yes I had realized that the error was on my part. I had gotten mixed up the names between the 42’ and 48’ monitors and was unaware until recently that I had uploaded the 42’ V037 version to the 48’ monitor. Anyway I sent the monitor to an official ASUS service center and hopefully they’ll be able to revert the monitor to it’s original firmware. 

Are there any plans though to develop a new firmware for the 48’ because the V029 did not fix the HDR issue which is what prompt me into looking for a new firmware update in the first place.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @alpassione ,

thank you for reaching out to us. We want to inform you that our backend team is currently in the process of verification. 

We will inform you promptly if there are any updates or news regarding your case.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. 
Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.