cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM looks worse when HDR is turned on

Shef
Level 7

Hello,

I've been trying to use HDR on this monitor but I think it looks worse than when it is off. The colors look washed out, webpages that are supposed to be white look grey and very dim, and the contrast in games appears to be lower. This is all opposite of what I thought HDR was.. even youtube videos with people look better on my 10 year old 1080p IPS panel. I'm not using any strange settings that I can find. I just turned on HDR, turned up the brightness and turned on Auto HDR. I also tried the Windows HDR display calibration which didnt seem to do much. Is there a setting I'm missing or does anyone have any tips to improve how HDR looks on this monitor ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Shef .

May I ask what the current firmware version of the ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM monitor is?
If it's not updated to the latest version, please update it and then check again.
Are you using an HDMI or DP connection? Is it the original cable from the manufacturer?
Please provide the complete brand and model of the motherboard and GPU, or laptop you are connecting with.
And contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment, if possible.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Shef .

May I ask what the current firmware version of the ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM monitor is?
If it's not updated to the latest version, please update it and then check again.
Are you using an HDMI or DP connection? Is it the original cable from the manufacturer?
Please provide the complete brand and model of the motherboard and GPU, or laptop you are connecting with.
And contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment, if possible.

Thank you.

Updating the firmware significantly improved the HDR quality. Thank you.