cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN not staying on 360hz

Ruben
Level 8

Hi I have this monitor since oct 22 it has been great had it tuned and working in dual monitor setup. I had it set to 360hz  seems like since a update I can't get it to go back to 360hz in NVidia control, window 11 settings  the osd on the monitor shows 240hz. In windows it shows where i can change and it has 360 but anytime i select it my pc black screens and then reboots back to old setting it will not take 360 at all. I have reinstalled drivers clean in safe mode with ddu, i have switched display port cables i have a few backups and monitor came with an extra one tried them all, i have done a system restore point to earlier time.  on the actual monitor in the osd i dont see anywhere where i can set the hrz  im lost for words. i have reset in osd as well right now i have unplugged the monitor and giving it like 15 min and gonna replug it back in and see any suggestions? im on a asus z490-e running a asus strix 3090 other monitor works fine and set ok to the 180hrs that monitor is also a asus ROG Strix XG349C have no issues with that. Again never had an issue setting it to 360 hz 

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ruben .

What is your resolution frequency setting?
If 2368 x 1332, 360Hz is only supported when the color format is RGB/YUV444.
in 8-bit/10-bit/12-bit color depth
If 2560 x 1440, 360Hz is only supported when the color format is RGB/YUV444.
in 8-bit.

Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1681487592959.png

You can also refer to the user manual page 3-3, download and install the GeForce Experience to ensure the monitor is set to 360 Hz in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Please refer to [LCD Monitor]How to adjust the frequency and resolution of the monitor? if needed.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ruben .

What is your resolution frequency setting?
If 2368 x 1332, 360Hz is only supported when the color format is RGB/YUV444 in 8-bit/10-bit/12-bit color depth;
If 2560 x 1440, 360Hz is only supported when the color format is RGB/YUV444 in 8-bit.

Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1681487673513.png

You can also refer to the user manual page 3-3, download and install the GeForce Experience to ensure the monitor is set to 360 Hz in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Please refer to [LCD Monitor]How to adjust the frequency and resolution of the monitor? if needed.

Thank you.

Ruben
Level 8

i just really paid attention to this just a bit ago and was going to come here and update...   now an odd thing if i overclock it seems to give me this issue i have oc my ram and my cpu i have to test further and see why that is somehow breaking the 360hz going to take my ram a bit down first and test again i did oc it alot lol going to take it down to 3000 had it at over 3270 something it works but if it breaks my 360hz then i'm fine being lower and as for cpu oc i did use the ai one which took my 11700k to 42% oc i will test that as well and see otherwise when I took off the oc i was able to set the monitor in nvidia to 360 easily... im running this at 2560x1440 it was also working in 10bit, 12 bit and 8 bit. oc even set to 8bit no go sow ill update after seeing what oc is breaking this

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ruben .

Overclocking may cause instability.
It is recommended that you try different settings to meet your needs.

Thank you.

Ruben
Level 8

Got it to work last nite, turns out using ddu offline to properly clean and update my drives is what was needed.  Somehow when I did it before while being online it would do the same thing not work. But from doing the ddu offline and also I did fix a event of NLVVDDMKM  so it could be that that helped either way I was able to select  360 with my oc on ram and cpu and all is working well in all games.   so for anyone please when using the ddu program in safemode unplug your internet after you have downloaded your correct drivers and then do the cleaning.. also look at your event viewer see if you have that dreaded NLVVDDMKM and fix it.  last yes your overclock can cause these issues as well.. thanks guys