cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG pg27aqm brightness getting dimmer

pksonic
Level 7

Hello, i just received my ROG pg27aqm and for some reason time to time it gets dimmer, such as playing overwatch, the brightness is fine but in certain times it goes dimmer such as when behind a shield, 

i have HDR on and i dont have the option for uniform brightness since it is greyed out and i dont have any adaptive brightness settings on my windows 11 desktop. please help.  its getting really annoying.

21 REPLIES 21

Hello. Yes I am directly connected to the graphics card. I have a RTX 4080 and yes with HDR on, It's the same problem. with HDMI or display port. As I shown. The problem goes away if I have HDR off 😧

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pksonic 

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.
Currently, we are consulting with the relevant department to further confirm the possible situation.
In the meantime, could you please provide the brand and model of the motherboard and graphics card that are currently connected to the monitor?
Meanwhile, we recommend you try connecting the monitor to another device, such as a laptop, to check if the same issue occurs.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

The motherboard is an MSI MEG 490Z ACE, the graphic card is the MSI 4080 Suprim x and no I dnt have any other device where to connect the monitor. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pksonic 

After receiving verification from the relevant departments, we have confirmed that the overall brightness variation on the OLED display is due to changes in APL (Average Picture Level).
This is considered a normal phenomenon and is more noticeable when HDR is enabled.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

is there a way to fix this? because with HDR on, games are unplayble because the brightness issue is very distracting.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pksonic 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

However, as we have determined, the situation described in your video is not considered a problem but rather a normal phenomenon.
Please try different HDR modes or disable HDR in specific usage scenarios.

Thank you.

WOW!

WildZippo
Level 9

I have a similar problem, as long as I use the DCI-P3 setting. The monitor normally has only 5/7 cm of the upper part which is grayer, you can see it with a text file for example.
With League of Legends the colors become stronger, brighter by themselves, as if one raised the contrast by a dozen points. In Diablo 4, when choosing the character, this seems to flash slightly, instead during the game you are in a dark map and find yourself in the light of the sun! And this has been happening for about 10 days since I was given the SECOND UNIT with MCM104 firmware!

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @WildZippo 

May I ask if the monitor you are using is also the ROG Swift OLED PG27AQM and if the dimmer problem occurred after updating the MCM104 firmware version?
Could you please provide a detailed description of the scenario?
This includes the connection method, the current basic settings of the monitor, the Windows display settings, and the troubleshooting steps you have tried, such as cross-testing the connection cables or resetting the monitor.
Meanwhile, please share a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment. 

Thank you

The monitor is the ROG Swift Oled PG27AQDM it is the 1st model replaced since I bought it in May and came with MCM102 firmware. This one has MCM104 firmware. It is directly connected with a DP1.4 with an Nvidia 4080 card under Windows 10. I don't use HDR and I set it to DCI-P3. The problems encountered are reported in the post above and in the other discussion that seems to have been closed by now!