cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel cleaning questions (PG27AQDM)

Ejziponken
Level 8

Hi!

I have the new PG27AQDM monitor and I have a few questions regarding Pixel cleaning.

1. If I set Windows to put my monitor into sleep mode after lets say 5 min, does this trigger a pixel cleaning?
2. Does running pixel cleaning often wear and tear the monitor in any way?
3. How often should I actually run it? Because if sleep mode does not trigger it, I would have to run it manually since I never turn the monitor off completely.
4. What does pixel cleaning actually do on this monitor? (if anyone wanna explain the process)

Also an issue I would like to report regarding this monitor, Its kind of slow on booting up so the monitor is all black and first image is only shown once I reach the Windows login after a reboot. It skips bios post and Windows logo loading. I feel like this shouldn't be happening. Not even sure I can actually enter bios (didn't try).

9 REPLIES 9

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ejziponken .

1. The power setting will affect whether the pixel cleaning function is active or not.
If Standard Mode is selected, pixel cleaning will begin automatically start in five minutes after No Signal, enters Standby mode, or under Sleep Mode/Shutdown.
Pixel cleaning won't begin if it is in Power Saving Mode after the computer shuts down or enters Sleep Mode.
2&4. Pixel cleaning is a technique used to prevent image persistence or burn-in on an LCD screen. It involves rapidly turning pixels on and off to remove any residual charge that can cause ghosting or image retention. It helps to prolong the lifespan and maintain the quality of the display.
3. It is recommended that you operate it whenever the screen is used continuously for 8 hours.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

If I understand correctly, the monitor will automatically ‘pixel clean’ when you turn off the monitor, no need to leave it in stand-by?

Is it better to turn the PG27AQDM off or to leave it in stand-by when the pc is turned off?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @sfLeto 

The Pixel cleaning process will take approximately 6 minutes and will automatically activate when the monitor turns off.
Please do not unplug the power cord while it is in progress. If you power on the monitor, the Pixel Cleaning will stop operating.
Please refer to the user manual on the model support page on the ASUS official website to confirm, or refer to the explanation in [LCD Monitor] ASUS OLED Monitor Protection Mechanism if needed.

Thank you.

So if there is no light and I turned it off it will do pixel clean by default or should i let it go to sleep mode and it will do the pixel cleaning can you clarify please 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @D7BiNSaLM 

Regarding pixel cleaning, it will automatically activate when the monitor turns off instead of in sleep mode.
However, please note that not every model has the pixel cleaning feature.
We recommend referring to your model's user manual for further confirmation.

Thank you.

How about the all the users that does not turn off the monitor ever? How are we suppose to get automatic pixel cleaning? The LG OLED has pixel cleaning in sleep mode too.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ejziponken 

The behavior of Pixel Cleaning might vary across different models, especially in scenarios such as screen saver mode or sleep mode. 
Please refer to my previous response of the ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM model and, if needed, consult the user manual for instructions on manually initiating Pixel Cleaning.
When you activate the Pixel Cleaning function, the power LED of your screen will display a blinking orange light.
Thank you.

cx-ray
Level 12

Check the below in the monitor menu. It will remind you at a set interval when it requires a manual cleaning. When required a dialog box will appear in the right bottom part of the screen.

System Setup  --> Screen Protection --> Pixel Cleaning Cycle Reminder

dawnmann
Level 7

@drift hunters

Pixel Cleaning blinks your screen's power LED orange.