cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG42UQ very slow to wake from sleep.

axiumone
Level 11
Firmware is V031. With either a win 11 pc connected through HDMI or a macbook connected through DP, it takes an average of 30 seconds for the display to wake up and start responding if the host machine puts the display to sleep. To be clear, the OS itself is running, and the machine is not in a sleep state, just the display is in a sleep state.

Is there anything that can be done about this? It's a pretty terrible user experience, because it feels like maybe the machine froze or crashed and it's not clear that it's just the display thats not responding.
76 REPLIES 76

Have you tried to disable windows fast boot?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @axiumone 

After confirmation from the relevant department:
Regarding the problem you mentioned earlier about the "screen retention visible on a gray background", it can be resolved by manually performing pixel cleaning 3-5 times.
Please go to OSD menu> System Setup> Screen Protection> select "pixel cleaning".

Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1683770581760.png

Regarding the slow wake-up issue, it is more related to the device connected to the monitor.
We suggest you try changing the connecting cable or cross-testing with another PC or signal source.

Hello, @selfa .

Please refer to the Reset steps in [LCD Monitor] Troubleshooting - No display after turning monitor ON, try to restore the screen setti... to see if the problem can be solved.

Thank you.

Last time I ran the pixel cleaning a few times and it had no affect at all on this issue. This issue is not related to actual burn in, but a software glitch that drives the pixels on screen. Besides that, having your screen down for 30-40 minutes, this is an acceptable solution? 

As far as you trying to pin the wake up issue on cables, that's ridiculous. I currently have multiple sources connected to the display and they all exhibit this issue. Macbook m1 with DP, PC and PS5 with hdmi. You can literally see that in the first post of this thread. 

axiumone
Level 11

Also, I'd like to point out that it has taken EIGHT MONTHS for anyone from asus to even respond in this thread, but it seems par of the course for this company. I've also been waiting since February for the company to fix the z690 formula VRM screw up. Good stuff. 

Oh, and where is the response to why firmware 35 is available on retail units, but current customers are sidelined?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @axiumone .

We recommend referring to [LCD Monitor] ASUS OLED Monitor Protection Mechanism for related information.
If your screen has residual or image burn-in conditions, please turn off the screen for at least one hour (recommended one day) and it should return to normal, or it is recommended that you perform "pixel cleaning" three times (if the residual or image burn-in conditions have disappeared, stop execution).

Please contact ASUS support and sending the monitor for repair to official ASUS service center for further evaluation if needed.

Thank you.

Rubberduckswe
Level 7

Any news on this matter? New FW would be nice

Sometimes when i manage to wake up the screen with the remote, half the screen is in hdr mode (or looks like it)

If i unplug the powercord it will alway wake up AND without any "half screen hdr error" 

im actually using this: Amazon.se

ASUS Service No=E23040005614-0002

axiumone
Level 11

"Corporate" comms emailed me about this to tell me that the firmware is.... wait for it.... coming. Not soon, or here's the date, or hey, sorry you schmuks had to be stuck with a broken monitor for nearly a year, just that... it's coming. Thanks as-sus.