cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG42UQ very slow to wake from sleep.

axiumone
Level 11
Firmware is V031. With either a win 11 pc connected through HDMI or a macbook connected through DP, it takes an average of 30 seconds for the display to wake up and start responding if the host machine puts the display to sleep. To be clear, the OS itself is running, and the machine is not in a sleep state, just the display is in a sleep state.

Is there anything that can be done about this? It's a pretty terrible user experience, because it feels like maybe the machine froze or crashed and it's not clear that it's just the display thats not responding.
76 REPLIES 76

axiumone
Level 11

Apparently new PG42UQ off the shelf come with firmware V035. Where is the firmware for existing users asus? Why are all of the existing customers being sidelined once again?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @axiumone .

May I ask if the situation you are currently encountering is consistent with the original question that was asked?
The latest firmware version is V033, released on November 28th, 2022. Please update to confirm if the issue still persists.
If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

• The computer model, OS version, and driver version being used for the connection
    (Although you indicated Windows 11 in your post, please assist us in verifying the details.)
  • What software or hardware changes were made prior to the issue occurring? How frequent is the issue?
  • Have you tried resetting the screen to eliminate the issue?
  • a complete recording of the situation where the issue occurs.

Meanwhile, please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

Hello,

I can answer this question since I have the same problem in addition to micro jerks on the Microsoft Edge browser and the Windows Store applications as well as the start menu. Same thing for the sleep exit that does not work, forced to turn off and on the monitor with the remote control. V33 update done 3x without success. Tested in Hdmi 2.1 and DP. Whether in 120hz or 138, no improvement.

See the ticket - I provided everything there for months and months - N2204031283

At this point, nine months after the thread was started with zero replies from asus, I'm not interested in troubleshooting further. I've requested a refund, that's the only thing that I need assistance with.

I just ordered a 2nd one to test, it has exactly the same problems as the first one. Asus, I feel that you are dishonestly neglecting your customers by selling unfinished products with serious defects. Very disappointed.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @selfa 

May I ask if your current monitor is also the PG42UQ?
Please provide the following information to help us better understand your issue:

• What are the currently tested monitor firmware versions?
  • If the monitor is connected via VGA, what is the brand, model, VBIOS, and driver version of the VGA card?
  • Are you using the official accessory cables? Have you tested with non-official cables? Please provide the brand and specifications.
  • What is the frequency and scenario of the issue? For example, does it only occur while playing a specific game (game name)?
  • a video recording of the problem occurring

Meanwhile, Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you.

Hello,

I use an Asus Rog RTX 4090.

Tested with different cables (HDMI 2.1 / DP 1.4) From the brand Club3D mainly as well as others.

The problems are: 

The monitor does not turn on after waking from standby or when restarting the PC.

I have a lot of micro jerks on Windows 11 especially on Microsoft Edge or applications like Whatsapp, messenger, even the start menu is jerky when I scroll through applications.

I tested in 120Hz as well as in 138oc.

I only have you Asus hardware, motherboard, fan, aio, graphics card.

I tested different firmwares from 028 / 032 / 034, all had the same problems.

My pc is also connected to a Lg Oled C17 TV and on this one none of the problems mentioned above appear.

Best regards,

David

Anza
Level 7

For those who has wake up issue with this monitor.

If you have cpu with built-in graphics chip like Intel Core K-series, you can try to set primary display from motherboard bios to PCI-E.

This worked for me atleast for those wake up issues during restarting system. I guess it's because primary signal is coming via motherboard display port.

I haven't tried if it works on issue when monitor tries to wake up from sleep.

Indeed, this seems to solve the problem of leaving the standby.

Thanks for the information 😉

selfa
Level 8

Edit : 

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem