cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG34WCDM HDR problem

ololoikin
Level 8

Hello! When I bought a monitor and turned on the HDR function for the first time, the colors were displayed incorrectly. It feels like the color blindness mode was turned on. There are also strong white highlights and blurring. The issue with the colors was partially resolved after following advice on a forum to set the brightness to 100, but the HDR still doesn't work as it should. What can be done about this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ololoikin ,

may I ask which firmware version you are currently using? 

Does the issue occur with every firmware version? Have you tried adjusting the brightness? Can adjusting the brightness help resolve the issue? 

Could you please provide a photo taken when the issue occurs for our reference? 

Additionally, please provide the device model, OS version, and driver versions. Thank you.

Hello! @Aureliannn_ROG 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

The firmware version is 103. Yes, the issue was present with the old version and persisted after the update. I adjusted the brightness to 100, which partially resolved the issue, but now all colors except white are extremely dark, and white is abnormally bright. I don't think it should be this way. When lowering the brightness from 100 to 90, color anomalies occur. I will provide screenshots. The device model is PG34WCDM, and I will also include the driver versions in the screenshots.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ololoikin ,

we have sent you a messege via PM box.

Kindly check the messege and confirm.

Thank you.

I am having the same issue and have updated to firmware103 and used the windows 11 calibration but still getting over exposure. 

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @DudeWazap ,

based on your issue, have you tried adjusting the brightness? Can adjusting the brightness help resolve the issue?

Could you please provide a photo taken when the issue occurs for our reference?

Additionally, please provide the PC or GPU model, OS version, and driver versions. Thank you.

I confirm that I received the patch. I conducted a small test and can say that it resolved the main issue with incorrect color display, for which I am very grateful. It is now possible to play, but after testing in Destiny 2, I noticed that partial problems remain. It’s hard for me to describe this because I’m not sure if a camera or screenshots can capture it. Also, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be like this, as I haven’t used HDR before, but I can observe that this mode should ideally be more color-saturated than SDR. From my observations, the colors feel extremely pale and washed out, while white is overly saturated, both at 100% brightness and lower.

There are issues with the display of green; it appears very blurred and grayish. Perhaps the color correction in the monitor itself is not set correctly, although I installed the color settings from the ASUS ROG update center for this monitor following the guide. Besides the color balance issue, there are still color spots left during flashes, although they are much smaller in specific colors compared to before the patch.

When Windows HDR is turned on, everything becomes gray, and this persists even when using HDR content. It only partially improves in Helldivers 2, where everything has to be manually enabled, but the grayness and paleness of all colors and the oversaturation of white remain. I managed to partially resolve the issue with Windows HDR by not enabling it and only turning on the in-game HDR mode in Destiny 2, but this is only possible in that game from my library, as Helldivers 2 and Overwatch 2 require HDR mode to be enabled in Windows.

The Windows HDR calibration app did not resolve the issue. If I have any further observations or remember anything else, I will report it here. If there is a possible solution to these problems, I would be very grateful!