cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG34WCDM HDR Fix solution

leo1115556
Level 8

Here is my translation of the given text into English:

I cannot understand why the solutions are always through customer service sending private messages to the posting users.

This has led me to find a bunch of posts about the "PG34WCDM HDR" issue on the forum, but I cannot find any actual solutions.

I have to start a new thread myself to ask - how exactly does this forum handle issues?

=

I came across a similar issue in this discussion thread:
rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-monitors/pg34wcdm-hdr-bug/td-p/990691
Unfortunately, the article is no l...

Following the steps outlined in the discussion thread (as there were discussions about firmware version 201 improving HDR display), I updated to the 201 version. However, after updating, my screen displayed an extremely alarming pink color, rendering it unusable. I had to revert back to version 103, but the HDR overexposure issue remains unresolved.

I would like to know if your company has any better solutions to offer me?

leo1115556_0-1714619468167.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @leo1115556 ,

we have sent you a private message. 

Please check and assist us in reviewing it. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @leo1115556 ,

we have sent you a private message. 

Please check and assist us in reviewing it. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

Are you able to contact me about a potential fix as well instead of everyone having to make a new post about the same issue? 

After updating firmware, my whole screen become pinkish! I can't even see text and unable to navigate. Help!!!! Kindly pm me! How do I resolve it?

Just rollback the firmware 

Unplug the monitor’s AC power cord. (Keep the HDMI or DP cable connected to your device). Press and hold the physical buttons 2 & 4 on the monitor simultaneously. While holding both buttons, plug the AC power cord back in. Wait until the monitor lights up, and the rollback process is complete

thanks in the end i just went to the pg34wcdm product page and download the 103 firmware and update it. Back to normal colors in SDR. i guess this monitor HDR is broken... an expensive model as compared to other 34 inch oled ultrawide but HDR is not working as intended.. 

The answer could likely be not update to 201 if not experiencing an issue

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

The better answer would be Quality Control.

The firmware isn't publicly available.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I wasn't talking about the firmware, I was talking about the monitor. 

Top tier price, bottom tier QA.