cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UCDM flashing white red blue and green (test mode?)

ibby
Level 7

My PG32UCDM woke up from computer sleep per usual as I've been doing it for 2 months and then all of a sudden it seems like its in "test mode" from reading dozens of reddit posts online with different Asus monitors and other manufacture monitors. I've tried unplugging everything for a few hours, changing cables, resetting firmware to factory and nothing is happening. It just keeps cycling through the colors. Here is a reddit post that directly shows the issue with a video. Does someone know how to fix this? A few others on reddit had the same issue with this monitor, they think it might be firmware but I am not sure.  related. https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/comments/1cg5lq2/pg32ucdm_what_does_this_mean/ 

5 REPLIES 5

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ibby ,

thank you for the information you've provided. 
We've passed your details on to our relevant backend team for analysis. 
Please be patient and wait for any updates or messages from us. 

Also, kindly provide the product serial number via private messege to me.
Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

Hi @ibby ,

based on your issue, could you please provide the following information to assist us further? Thank you.

1. After turning off/on the DC power, does the issue still persist?
  2. Have you updated the firmware to the latest version? If so, what was the version you were using before the update? Did the issue happen in the previous version?
  3. When the issue occurs, did you make any specific settings on the source side? For example, turning on HDR mode? Setting the timing to 4k 240hz? Or any other settings?
  4. Does the issue get resolved when you switch to a different source?
  5. What source are you currently using to connect to the display? Is it DisplayPort or another?

Please help verify these question, thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

1. Yes, I turned it on and off multiple times, taken the power brick out of the wall and left it out for a few hours, issue still persists. 

2. Yes I updated the firmware to MCM103. Before that I was using the default firmware, MCM101. This issue happened on MCM103 but I had it for weeks and had no issues. 

3. HDR mode was on 24/7 since I had the monitor, the monitor timing was also on 4k 240hz the whole entire time, it was fine for a solid 2 months and this issue happened after I woke my monitor from sleep. Was fine one minute and the next minute it just started cycling the colors.

4. The issue does not get resolved using a different source, I have used HDMI, displayport, usb c, and nothing fixed it. I used other devices too like my macbook instead of my windows PC and it still did not work.

5. I have been using DisplayPort and it was working perfectly fine for 2 months. Like I said in #4, I tried multiple other sources with different devices and it never worked. 

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ibby ,

Could you please try rolling back the firmware to version 101 using the following steps:

Press and hold the physical left button and power button while the AC is OFF until the screen lights up.
Once you've completed this rollback process, please let us know if the issue persists. 

We're here to assist you further. 

Thank you.