cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UCDM flashing white red blue and green - no reset possible

Takumosan
Level 8

Hello forum/support,

today I started up my approx. 3 month old PG32UCDM to find it having the same problem as @ibby @Aureliannn_ROG  recently postet, but there is no solution mentioned in that thread.

The only thing the monitor does: switching through red/blue/green etc. fullscreen test screens

I cannot access the OSD; I have the MCM103 firmware installed since shortly after it got released; the firmware-revert function (pressing the 2 buttons while plugging in the power) shows no reaction

I am using DP, but I now also tested HDMI, different cables and used another PC - makes no difference

So currently the PG32UCDM is completely bricked... pls help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just wanted to report back here if someone else might run into this issue on his monitor.

I filed a claim towards ASUS support last monday with my problem description and a few photos. Later that day received a confirmation that my defective monitor will be picked up and replaced by a new one - no further questions asked. Thanks for the excellent service!

Although the PG32UCDM is still not available again in Germany since I bought it in March, they obviously have some stock available and I received the new monitor today (Monday) (with a little delay thanks to UPS...).

After all, I would of course still be interested in the rootcause - hardware? firmware? Just in case, installed MCM105 today if it was an 103 firmware problem.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Takumosan ,

according to your issue, please confirm if rolling back the firmware to version 101 using the following method can resolve the issue: 

Press and hold the physical left button and power button while the device is powered off until the screen lights up.

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

Hello @Aureliannn_ROG ,

thanks for the feedback. But as written above "firmware-revert function (pressing the 2 buttons while plugging in the power) shows no reaction". I tried this procedure several times as described, but the monitor just switches back on and immediately shows again its' "test mode" colors unfortunately.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Takumosan ,

thank you for providing the update. 

If you have already tried rolling back to a previous version but the issue still persists, we recommend taking your monitor to a nearby official repair center, where an engineer can diagnose the actual problem with the device. 

You can refer to the link below for information on repair locations. 

Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

Just wanted to report back here if someone else might run into this issue on his monitor.

I filed a claim towards ASUS support last monday with my problem description and a few photos. Later that day received a confirmation that my defective monitor will be picked up and replaced by a new one - no further questions asked. Thanks for the excellent service!

Although the PG32UCDM is still not available again in Germany since I bought it in March, they obviously have some stock available and I received the new monitor today (Monday) (with a little delay thanks to UPS...).

After all, I would of course still be interested in the rootcause - hardware? firmware? Just in case, installed MCM105 today if it was an 103 firmware problem.

lewis788
Level 7

PG32UCDM monitor flashing white, red, blue, and green with no reset indicates a potential hardware issue. Similarly, troubleshooting in Bus Simulator Ultimate Mod APK involves identifying and addressing glitches or mods causing instability. Both situations require technical understanding and possibly professional assistance to resolve for optimal performance.

Lewis333
Level 7

The PG32UCDM monitor flashing white, red, blue, and green with no reset possible indicates a potential hardware issue, much like encountering glitches in Beach Buggy Racing Mod APK. Both situations require troubleshooting for optimal performance: monitor issues demand technical expertise, while gaming glitches may require mod adjustments or device troubleshooting to ensure smooth gameplay.

Click Here For More Details

Husnain11221
Level 7

If your PG32UCDM monitor is flashing white, red, blue, and green, it's likely stuck in a test mode or experiencing a hardware issue. This mode is usually used for factory testing to ensure that the display can show all colors properly. To troubleshoot, you can try unplugging the monitor from the power source and holding the power button for 30 seconds to attempt a hard reset. If this doesn't work, check for any available firmware updates from the manufacturer’s website. Additionally, ensure that all cable connections are secure and that the graphics card drivers on your computer are up to date.

Unfortunately, if these steps do not resolve the issue and the monitor remains in the test mode, it may require professional repair or replacement. Monitors stuck in such test modes sometimes indicate a deeper hardware malfunction that cannot be fixed with simple resets. While waiting for a solution, you might distract yourself by exploring new apps or games, such as trying the "Beach Buggy Racing Mod APK" for some fun and relaxation. If the problem persists, contacting customer support for further assistance would be the next best step.

Junny43
Level 7

3-month-old PG32UCDM and encountered the same problem as @ibby and @Aureliannn_ROG mentioned recently, but no solution was provided in that thread. The monitor is cycling through red/blue/green etc. fullscreen test screens and I can't access the OSD. I have the MCM103 firmware installed since shortly after its release. The firmware-revert function (pressing the 2 buttons while plugging in the power) shows no reaction. I am using DisplayPort, but I have also tested HDMI, different cables, and another PC, with no difference. Currently, the PG32UCDM is completely bricked. Please help! For those interested in gaming enhancements, check out Bus Simulator Ultimate Mod APK for an exciting upgrade to your gameplay.

simmy34e
Level 7

Struggling to check your SASSA balance when you're out of airtime? Don't worry!  Click on this link :how to check sassa balance without airtime. There are several ways to "check your SASSA balance without airtime." From free USSD codes to ATM visits, SASSA offices, and even some retailers, you have options. Stay informed about your social grant funds without spending a cent on airtime. It's crucial to manage your finances wisely, and knowing your balance is the first step. Remember, SASSA provides these free alternatives to ensure you're always in the know about your grant status.