cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UCDM Constantly Loses Signal

Tick32
Level 7

After doing the firmware update a few months back. My monitor randomly after a few minutes of use will go black and say no signal, then pop on again. Sometimes it can go on for a few seconds flicking off then on. I'm sure its not my cables because I've tried many, and even purchased a DP 2.1 cable, but all have this issue.

Another issue that I've noticed is that any time the PC or monitor is turned off. I have to turn 240hz back on. The screen will flick off and on when I toggle that as well. Is anyone else having this issue, and will it be fixed by Asus?

6 REPLIES 6

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Tick32 ,

according to your issue, kindly confirm the following:

1. May I know what is the current firmware version of your monitor? Have you experienced any issues with previous firmware versions?
  2. Does the issue occur during regular usage or only when playing games?
  3. How frequently does the issue occur? Is it a daily occurrence or does it happen sporadically?
  4. Could you provide the steps or method to replicate the issue?
  5. Did you use the original cables to connect the monitor?
  6. Please provide detailed information about the cables used to connect the monitor to the device.
  7. Are you connecting the monitor to a laptop or a graphics card? Please provide the model number and ensure that the device drivers are up to date (please provide the version number).

Regarding the refresh rate issue, are you saying that whenever you turn off the monitor and turn it back on, the previously set 240Hz refresh rate is lost? What refresh rate does it revert to upon turning it back on?

Could you provide a video of the issue occurring for our reference? This would help our team to better understand the problem. (Please provide the video in MP4 format)

Please also provide your operating system version, all device models, driver versions, and firmware versions.

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

1. Sorry for late response. I didn't have any issues originally with the screen constantly cutting off before the firmware upgrade. I'm currently using FW MCM103. 

2. It tends to happen while HDR is turned on for the most part, rather I'm gaming or not. 

3. It has on a daily basis, but at very random times. Generally it will happen once or twice an hour.

4. Can't provide steps. It just happens at the worst times during my gaming moments, and sometimes crashes the games. 

5/6. I originally used the Asus DP cables that came with the monitor, and it originally started with those. Then I swapped to others and sane issue. BTW, these issues don't occur with my PG27UQ monitor.

7. I'm connecting the monitor to my RTX 4090 in my desktop. 

Ps: Tried to post 1:20 video of the monitor reverting to 120hz after shutdown, but it says I can't. 

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Tick32 ,

thank you very much for the information provided. 

In order to further investigate the issue, please provide the following details:

1. You mentioned that the black screen issue occurs during gaming. Are there specific games that trigger this issue? Does the issue occur during regular usage as well?
  2. Please provide the OSD settings of your monitor. Please confirm if HDR is enabled, the refresh rate setting, and the status of the Proximity sensor (enabled or disabled). Please provide all relevant setting information for our reference.
  3. Please provide the model numbers of all your current devices, including the motherboard, CPU, power supply unit, and graphics card. 
  4. Additionally, please provide the versions of the related drivers, operating system, and BIOS.

Furthermore, if you have a complete video recording of the black screen issue, please provide it to us. 

You can use an MP4 file and attach it to your response.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

I noticed another thread with others sharing this same issue in the forums. So its safe to say I'm not the only person. But I ran a few more test from the info you provided. I ran with VRR off for the first time and even while not gaming the monitor lost signal and then came back on stating with an Nvidia notification stating Gsync was connected. That notification pops up every time the screen blacks out.

I feel the info about my mother board and other things is a little bit much. I don't think that its necessary info, and would be too much trouble, but the Nvidia driver I'm using is the most current, but its been doing it on 3 previous versions. I'm also on Windows 10 OS

I have the video showing the refresh but it says "I don't have permission to upload video."No Permission.JPG

Hey @Tick32 

Use www.streamable.com to upload a video, doesn't even require an account

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Sorry for late response. Had a very busy week at work. I learned some new things though. Not only does the screen blink black during game sessions and while HDR is on. I caught it doing it today while on my desktop and with HDR off. Anyway here is a link to the video of the refresh rate reverting back to 120hz on computer reset or restart.

https://streamable.com/32vqwx