cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27AQDM dead pixel just 40 hours after purchase

thetanaz
Level 7

thetanaz_0-1692730841691.png

Bought the monitor Monday morning, inspected it thoroughly and didn't have any dead pixels. I was watching a YT video this evening only to see a black dot on my screen, tried rubbing it in case it was a spec of dust but nope. A dead pixel. Very happy with my 1150EUR purchase, thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

thetanaz
Level 7

Turned out the pixel is only half dead - the white and blue sub-pixels are not working while the red and green are. So on red,yellow and green backgrounds the pixel works, but on white,grey and blue it does not. I'll give it a few days to see if it decides to start working and if not I'm gonna return the monitor.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @thetanaz ,

based on your issue, it is suggest that you can refer to "LCD Panel Bright/Dark Dot Warranty & Regulation" in the following link.

ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM | Gaming monitors|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

1. A Pixel consists of sub-pixels: one red, one green and one blue dot. A bright dot is a sub-pixel that is always on under Black pattern. A dark dot is a sub-pixel that is always off under any pattern.

2. Micro Dot, less than or equal to 1/2 dot, is excluded in the warranty.

3. Non-ZBD/ZBD warranty models may vary from different regions.

Thank you.

I know I need to have at least 5 black whole pixels for the warranty to kick in, however I bought the monitor from an online retailer and I have 14 days to return it if I want to. I'm debating with myself if it's worth going through the hassle.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @thetanaz ,

as your product was purchased recently and has not exceeded the standard 14-day return and exchange period, we recommend contacting the retailer and informing them of the issue for further handling. Thank you.