cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27AQDM 6500k HDR issue... PLEASE FIX THIS ASUS

RexCW
Level 9

Please ASUS... this problem needs to be fixed. The 6500k HDR issue still isn't fixed in MCM106, despite waiting for months. This is a seriously issue that affects daily use. The orange colour is broken and turned to purple/ grey compared to 8200k mode. 8200K mode is working great but it just isn't as accurate and not great for the eyes. This is a premium product and it should display everything as they intended to. Any sample with orange colours will display this problem easily...  Could any mod or service agent please report this to the ASUS engineering team? This is clearly a colour tone mapping problem in the 6500k HDR mode.

 6500k HDR mode: broken orange colours

IMG_9212.JPG

8200k mode: normal colors

IMG_9213.JPG

15 REPLIES 15

Yes indeed, it doesn't have the smooth transition like some other monitors do. But I rarely have to switch between HDR and SDR so it's quite minor to me. Now I do think fixing HDR modes to make it accurate and usable is the priority.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @RexCW @Scar @dfr1238 @PeymanRad @Hipflask @markob53 ,

thank you for your patience. 

After confirmation from our backend team, MCM107 has been released. This update primarily addresses HDR color issues (such as purple hue or dark scene color improvement) and color option inversion. 

Please follow the link below to perform the update and check if the issue has been resolved. 

ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM | Gaming monitors|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

RexCW
Level 9

Update: This problem has been fixed in mcm107. Glad that ASUS delivered a quality update. Hope that 107 is the last firmware we have to update.

But a new problem has been introduced as well. Some weirdness going on with the yellows and some greens

Hipflask
Level 9

Mine has been pretty perfect on 107.