Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 4k Monitor has a slight lag to it

zappgun
Level 7

PC Specs: 

zappgun_0-1689294934563.png

Hello! So I just bought the ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” Gaming Monitor 4K as a secondary monitor to be used as a sort of Video playing monitor for when I want to watch videos/shows and whatnot. My main monitor is the ASUS VG248QG 24" G-Sync Gaming Monitor 165Hz 1080p Which is were I do all of my gaming and whatnot. I installed the new 4k monitor into my graphics card display port alongside the main monitor, and it's doing fine for the most part. I have it at 4k resolution, 60hz, and 175% zoom. The issue that I'm having with it is some websites seem to lag when I'm scrolling through or if I'm watching a tv show or video on Hulu or Youtube it seems to also have some sort of "lag" when I'm moving through the UI and the videos even stutter for like half a second when I move my Cursor between the two monitors. I'm not having any FPS or lag issues while I play still and the videos still play fine, it's just those issues that I just can't seem to figure out what's the issue it's not like I'm using a lot of my GPU and CPU either. I switched the new monitor to 1920x1080 resolution and it seems to have semi-fixed the issue but obviously I want to use the monitor to it's fullest capacity. If anyone has any knowledge on what I could possibly do to fix this issue please that would be an immense amount of help thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @zappgun 

Based on your description, the lagging issue seems to occur only when watching videos or using the browser, not while playing games.
Could you please try cross-testing with different browsers or different video formats to see if the issue persists?
Additionally, we recommend checking your browser version and network connection status.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂