cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the PG34WCDM will also be updated with the OLED Anti-Flicker setting anytime soon?

PWN3D_
Level 10

The PG27AQDM got an update a month ago to try to counter the OLED VRR flickering.

Even though this solution is far from perfect I'm just wondering when the PG34WCDM will have the same treatment since the VRR flicker on this unit make it really unusable to play while G-sync is turned on.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

CoMa6666
Level 7

dear friend, i just selled my pg27aqdm for the flickering and i can assure you that the antiflicker setting is a broken joke, you can just read it on reddit.

I tested it and it simply broke the vrr.

If you can resell it or return it.

Or play with flickering and damage your eyes or... play without vrr in the 2024...

Is that an AMD issue? I've had absolutely zero flicker on my PG27AQDM.

PWN3D_
Level 10

@Aureliannn_ROG Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

PWN3D_
Level 10

@Aureliannn_ROG @Jiaszzz_ROG @Bobby_ROG 

Sorry for the @ but an quick answer will be great since it's been 3 months since the last official firmware realase for this monitor (not counting the one you privatly sharing on a case by case basis) and this monitor is STILL selling as a G Sync Compatible monitor, even though it's unusable, HDR like the PG27AQDM before the update is still broken... 

I really need a clear answer now.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @PWN3D_ ,

Thank you for your inquiry. 

According to the Anti-Flicker function, our backend team has been made aware of this and is actively working on it. 

If there are any new versions or updates, we will notify you promptly. 

We appreciate your patience and support.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.