cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto KVM Still Broken PG32UCDM

MrEWhite
Level 9

Continuing from this now locked thread: https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-monitors/pg32ucdm-firmware-102-breaks-kvm/td-p/1009279/page/2

New firmware (103) fixes half the issue. The KVM doesn't disconnect upon enabling HDR, but when switching inputs, the auto KVM detection doesn't remember what you had the KVM set to. It always switches to USB-B upon switching inputs.

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @MrEWhite ,

based on your question, we would like to further understand the situation you described. 

Could you please provide a video showing the scenario where the system automatically switches to USB-B? (Kindly provide the video via MP4 format)

This will help us better understand and address your issue. Thank you for your cooperation.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

itzmcgin
Level 7

I am also still having issues with KVM, even with the latest firmware MCM105. What happens for me is I plug in keyboard and mouse, my pc is plugged in using usb-b cable and my macbook pro uses usb-c cable. However, when switching inputs and have auto detection turned on, only my macbook seems to pickup my keyboard and mouse. When I switch to displayport for my pc, it doesn't work even though everything is lit up. Sometimes unplugging my keyboard and plugging it back in works.

I tried other setups too, like using display port cable, usb-b on my pc and hdmi, usb-c on my macbook but no success.

Can someone or ASUS confirm if the following should work with KVM:

PC:
DisplayPort
USB-B Cable

Macbook Pro:
USB-C Cable

USB-A Ports:

Keyboard & Mouse