cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG32UCDM, ROG Light located on back of monitor not connecting to Armoury Crate

DemonPower658
Level 7

How's it going everyone, maybe somebody can help me with this issue I have been having with my Asus ROG Swift OLED PG32UCDM after I was able to snag it this weekend at my local Micro Center after months of checking inventory. So, off the bat this is an amazing monitor but one of the issues I'm encountering is with the lighting of the actual back of the monitor. The ASUS ROG Logo that lights up in the back of the monitor seems to just being doing a sequence of colors and is not synced at all to my Asus Armoury Crate software. I have tried searching for new devices under the Aura section, but nothing comes up while searching. Other devices I own such as my Asus ROG Z790 Dark Hero Motherboard, Asus ROG Strix 4090 shows up under the Aura section, but the monitor does not. I do only have the monitor connected only through a HDMI Cable and that is all that is receiving my connection from the monitor to my PC. Is there some other cable that I must have connected through the monitor to my PC such as a USB Cable because I did notice a lot of USB 3.0 ports although I thought those were used for charging. Hopefully somebody can give me an answer soon to help me resolve this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @DemonPower658 

You're right in your assumption regarding the USB cable. Please see 3.2 section of the user manual. The USB 3.2 Gen upstream port needs to be connected in order for Aura Sync to detect the monitor.

Silent_Scone_0-1714365757732.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @DemonPower658 

You're right in your assumption regarding the USB cable. Please see 3.2 section of the user manual. The USB 3.2 Gen upstream port needs to be connected in order for Aura Sync to detect the monitor.

Silent_Scone_0-1714365757732.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090