cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Swift OLED PG27AQDM Dispay broken!!!

GiuseppeDL18
Level 7

Hi, my OLED monitor just arrived today and, once mounted, I was amazed by the colours. Only later, in the evening, while I was calibrating it for HDR (so in black, white, gray backgrounds) I discovered that my monitor has a broken pixel!!! I literally have a black dot on my screen! €1000 for a monitor and I find myself in this situation... I really hope that the assistance is fast because I also use it for studying...

IMG_8699.jpeg

IMG_8700.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @GiuseppeDL18 ,

based on your issue, may I ask whether the dot will occur on other color background? Or did the dot occur only under black pattern?

Below is ASUS LCD Monitor Bright/Dark Dot Warranty Table:

You can refer to the following link too:

ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM | Gaming monitors|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

Thank you.

the black dot appears in any option, not just on white or gray screen, even while playing games and “looking at the sky”. The monitor isn't even a day old, I think Asus has to cover it!!

Hi @GiuseppeDL18 ,

based on the information you provided, it seems you are experiencing an issue with a dark spot on your display panel. 

As LCD panels consist of over a million transistors, the occurrence of a bright or dark spot is possible if one of these transistors malfunctions. 

For major Japanese LCD panel manufacturers, the industry standard allows for approximately 10 defects per million transistors.

The panel used in ASUS monitors adheres to these industry standards. 

In the case of the PG27AQDM panel you purchased, it falls within the normal specification range, with up to 5 dark spots allowed within the first 12 months. You can refer to the attached image for clarification.

https://rog.asus.com/monitors/27-to-31-5-inches/rog-swift-oled-pg27aqdm/helpdesk_warranty/

Thank you.