cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG27AQDM flicker even with vrr off

henRy5
Level 7

Hello,

I have a problem because this monitor flickers all the time while watching a series (amazon prime) and in some games I notice it too even though vrr is turned off. Firmware MCM107. Anyone got a similar issue or knows how to fix it?

Video example: https://youtu.be/0DPPrDUVCzo

Uploaded by henRyGG on 2024-06-25.
2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @henRy5 ,

according to your issue, please help confirm the following:

1. Does the issue only occur in version 107? Did it occur in previous versions?
  2. Does the issue only happen when watching Amazon Prime and playing games? Does it occur during regular usage? What specific games trigger the issue
  3. How are you connecting the monitor? Is it connected to the graphics card? Please provide the graphics card model. 
  4. What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor? Please use the cable provided by the ASUS.
  5. Have you made sure that the graphics card driver is updated to the latest version?
  6. Have you try to cross test with other cable/GPU or monitor? Did the issue still occur?
  7. Please verify that the OSD settings are currently set to default.

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

henRy5
Level 7

Thanks for responding.

1. Also occurs in 106, I don't know if it occurs in previous versions.
2. Well it primarily happens in Amazon Prime and in Counter Strike Source occasionally, weirdly a lot more frequent when I open the chat in that game. Also noticed when I come out of a dark tunnel where a bright light and the end of the tunnel gets from smaller to bigger it always happens, not only in game but in YT videos as well. Regular uses it doesn't really happen.
3. Connected to GPU (AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX).
4. Using the provided Displayport cable.
5. I'm on the latest GPU driver (24.5.1).
6. I tried with HDMI cable and the problem persisted.
7. Having the OSD reset also didn't fix the problem.