cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG248QP 540hz My screen turn white screen after change to ULMB 2

dobrow
Level 7

Asus PG248QP 540hz My screen turn white screen after change to ULMB 2

I have the same problem as this video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/liqOyT-y28A

6 REPLIES 6

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dobrow ,

Hello, according to your question, we would like to inquire about the following:

1. May I ask what is the firmware version of your monitor? Does the issue occur with other firmware versions as well?
  2. What type of cable are you using for the connection? Please note that ULMB2.0 + 540Hz is only supported with DisplayPort.
  3. Please ensure that the refresh rate settings in Windows > Advanced Display and Nvidia Control Panel are consistent (please provide screenshots of the refresh rate in Windows and Nvidia settings).
  4. Does the white screen appear for a few seconds and then return to normal?
  5. Does the issue occur every time you enable ULMB 2?
  6. Please provide a video of the issue that you have recorded for our reference. (Provide via MP4 format)
  7. Please provide the model, driver version, operating system, and BIOS version of your devices.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

1 - May I ask what is the firmware version of your monitor? Does the issue occur with other firmware versions as well?

The monitor does not have firmware available for download

2 - What type of cable are you using for the connection? Please note that ULMB2.0 + 540Hz is only supported with DisplayPort.

Original displayport that comes with the monitor, the same problem also occurs with another displayport cable

3 - Please ensure that the refresh rate settings in Windows > Advanced Display and Nvidia Control Panel are consistent (please provide screenshots of the refresh rate in Windows and Nvidia settings).

3 - Please ensure that the refresh rate settings in Windows > Advanced Display and Nvidia Control Panel are consistent (please provide screenshots of the refresh rate in Windows and Nvidia settings).

https://imgur.com/a/0xY1H3v

4 - Does the white screen appear for a few seconds and then return to normal?

It doesn't go back to normal, only if I turn off the ULMB 2

5 - Does the issue occur every time you enable ULMB 2?

Yes. ULMB 2 works perfectly on my old monitor, ASUS PG27AQN

6 - Please provide a video of the issue that you have recorded for our reference. (Provide via MP4 format)

https://youtu.be/tvLs7FCJNNs

7 - Please provide the model, driver version, operating system, and BIOS version of your devices.

Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593
RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X DRIVER 555.99 (DEFAULT BIOS)
MSI 670e ACE (BIOS 7D69v1F)
RYZEN 7800X3D
2X16GB G.SKILL EXPO 6400MHZ
MSI MPG A1000G POWER SUPPLY

I installed windows again, everything installed again, drivers, bios etc. My computer works perfectly, the ULMB 2 works with my old PG27AQN monitor. The only thing that doesn't work is the ULMB 2 with this new PG248QP monitor.

1 - May I ask what is the firmware version of your monitor? Does the issue occur with other firmware versions as well?

The monitor does not have firmware available for download

2 - What type of cable are you using for the connection? Please note that ULMB2.0 + 540Hz is only supported with DisplayPort.

Original displayport that comes with the monitor, the same problem also occurs with another displayport cable that 3 - Please ensure that the refresh rate settings in Windows > Advanced Display and Nvidia Control Panel are consistent (please provide screenshots of the refresh rate in Windows and Nvidia settings).

https://imgur.com/a/0xY1H3v

4 - Does the white screen appear for a few seconds and then return to normal?

It doesn't go back to normal, only if I turn off the ULMB 2

5 - Does the issue occur every time you enable ULMB 2?

Yes. ULMB 2 works perfectly on my old monitor, ASUS PG27AQN

6 - Please provide a video of the issue that you have recorded for our reference. (Provide via MP4 format)

https://youtu.be/tvLs7FCJNNs

7 - Please provide the model, driver version, operating system, and BIOS version of your devices.

Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593
RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X DRIVER 555.99 (DEFAULT BIOS)
MSI 670e ACE (BIOS 7D69v1F)
RYZEN 7800X3D
2X16GB G.SKILL EXPO 6400MHZ
MSI MPG A1000G POWER SUPPLY

I installed windows again, everything installed again, drivers, bios etc. My computer works perfectly, the ULMB 2 works with my old PG27AQN monitor. The only thing that doesn't work is the ULMB 2 with this new PG248QP monitor.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dobrow ,

thank you for providing the information. We would like to further inquire about the following questions:

1. What is the setting for GameVisual in the OSD?
  2. What is the current brightness level set to?
  3. Please provide the version of your Nvidia graphics card. You can open the Nvidia Control Panel > System Information > Detailed Information and provide a screenshot.

Thank you for your assistance.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

1 - What is the setting for GameVisual in the OSD?

The problem occurs with all options, sRGB, RTS/RPG, CINEMA, RACING, etc.

2 - What is the current brightness level set to?

Currently 80, but the problem also happens at all brightness levels, I've already tested several

3 - Please provide the version of your Nvidia graphics card. You can open the Nvidia Control Panel > System Information > Detailed Information and provide a screenshot.

Relatório de informações do Sistema NVIDIA criado em: 06/14/2024 04:31:25
Nome do sistema: DESKTOP-P9FGAAE

[Monitor]
Versão do DirectX: 12.0
Processador da GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
Versão do driver: 555.99
Tipo de driver: DCH
Nível de recursos do Direct3D: 12_1
Cores CUDA: 16384
BAR redimensionável Sim
Clock do núcleo: 2625 MHz
Taxa de dados da memória: 21.00 Gbps
Interface da memória: 384bits
Largura de banda da memória: 1.01 TB/s
Memória total de gráficos disponível: 40783 MB
Memória de vídeo dedicada: 24564 MB GDDR6X
Memória de vídeo dedicada: 0 MB
Memória compartilhada do sistema: 16219 MB
Versão BIOS do vídeo: 95.02.3C.00.40
IRQ: Not used
Barramento: PCI Express x16 Gen4
Código de correção de erros (ECC): Desligado
ID do dispositivo: 10DE 2684 51041462
Número da peça: G139 0330

[Componentes]

nvui.dll 8.17.15.5599 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.15.5599 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.15.5599 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.15.5599 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.15.5599 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvViTvSR.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Video Server
nvDispSR.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Display Server
nvDispS.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Display Server
nvLicensingS.dll 6.14.15.5599 NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvWSSR.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvDevToolSR.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvDevToolS.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
NVCUDA64.DLL 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA CUDA 12.5.78 driver
nvGameSR.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 32.0.15.5599 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Here on the forum, there are several threads with the same problem as mine.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dobrow ,

due to the language difference, may I ask if you could provide screenshots directly? 

You can go to Nvidia Control Panel > System Information > Detailed Information and provide a screenshot of the detailed information. 

Additionally, if you could provide a screenshot of the OSD settings, it would help us better understand your configuration. 

Thank you for your cooperation.