cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS MG279Q glitching vertical stuff

IT_Dude
Level 7

Good day! I have here an ASUS MG279Q that starts showing glitching vertical lines and stuff whenever I use it for about an hour.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 120414.pngScreenshot 2024-05-13 120434.pngScreenshot 2024-05-13 120506.png

The glitching vertical stuff appears every 2 seconds and only shows on 80 percent of the screen. The remaining 20 percent at the top is not affected at all.

The ASUS logo that shows up when I turn the monitor off and on isn't affected.image_2024-05-13_120943090.png

Same with the on-screen display, such as the monitor menu and this FreeSync alert.image_2024-05-13_121221196.png

It goes away if I turn it off for a few hours, but it comes back once I use it again for about an hour or so.
Is there anyone who knows the problem with this or a similar case?

103 Views
3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @IT_Dude ,

according to your issue, we would like to ask for more information to further understand the situation. 

Firstly, when did this problem start occurring? 

Secondly, have you confirmed that both your monitor firmware and graphics card drivers are up to date? 

Additionally, what type of signal cable are you currently using to connect the monitor? 

We suggest trying other signal cables for cross-testing to rule out any potential connection issues. 

Furthermore, you may also consider restoring the monitor to factory settings or adjusting the refresh rate or resolution to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply.

The problem appeared a couple of months ago, but I was able to make a temporary fix when I was trying out different cables. Then it showed up again 2 weeks ago. I tried updating drivers, switching to different cables, and even trying it as an external display for my laptop, but it was still there.

I looked at the ASUS website to check if there's any monitor firmware update, and there's none at the moment. The graphics card drivers are up-to-date as well.

I'm currently using DP cable but I've tried HDMI and it's the same.

I have also tried increasing the frequency and it's still the same unfortunately. 

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @IT_Dude ,

based on your question, it seems that you have tried several troubleshooting steps but the issue still persists. 

We recommend sending the product to an official service center where an engineer can assess the problem and provide further assistance. 

Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.