cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha X developed loud squeaky noise on main button

slick1
Level 8
After 2 months of use only, this premium mouse which actually I really liked, developed such very annoying issue. When rapidly clicking main button, some squeaky noise coming out.
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hi slick1,

Do you think it's the switch?

You could try putting a new switch in and inspect it while it's apart.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi slick1,

Do you think it's the switch?

You could try putting a new switch in and inspect it while it's apart.

I am not sure if replacing switch will affect my returning policy, so i contacted asus first. And there is no guarantees that new switch won't develop same issue after few months... because seems it's not so uncommon with this mouse.

Nate152
Swapping switches shouldn't void the warranty as the ROG Spatha X comes with a screwdriver and two switches.

It would be worth trying a new switch, maybe just a fluke with the first one.

Nate152 wrote:
Swapping switches shouldn't void the warranty as the ROG Spatha X comes with a screwdriver and two switches.

It would be worth trying a new switch, maybe just a fluke with the first one.

Did not help. It seems to be mechanical issue due to mouse build, because when mouse is turned off, its doing the same noise.

Interesting fact. When the screws are not there. It's not making this noise. When you tighten the screws back, noise is there

Nate152
If it were me, I might try to identify what is squeaking and gently rub the squeaky part(s) with a lightly oiled cloth.

Or contact ASUS to set up an RMA.

Nate152 wrote:
If it were me, I might try to identify what is squeaking and gently rub the squeaky part(s) with a lightly oiled cloth.

Or contact ASUS to set up an RMA.

Well i assume the screws are tightening mouse base too much ( I updated previous message if you have seen). Because without screws noise defect is gone.

slick1
Level 8
edit

Nate152
Yeah I saw you mentioned tightening the screws is when it squeaks.

Without having your mouse in front of me I really can't say what is causing the squeak, but it would have to be something with the click button?

Does it squeak if you tighten the screws until they just bottom out?