cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog spatha stop working when charge

andreagtr
Level 7
Hi to all, i had this spatha from about 2 years, i love it, but recently it start having issues...
Some times seems to not comunicate with the dock, now the real problem is it stop working when i put in to the dock for charging.
Sometimes the dock light off but mouse still working, some times not...
Now it usually stop working, the led on the dock shut off immediatly, mouse the same and i need to leave it unplugged for a while to back it working...

I love this mouse and i hope its fixable.

PS ive tryed to update the mouse firmware 1.80, the dock its on the 1.40 (if i remember correctly).

Any help?

Regards
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hi Andreagtr,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Have you tried updating your ROG Spatha with Armoury Crate?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Andreagtr,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Have you tried updating your ROG Spatha with Armoury Crate?

Ive tryed, it show me i have not update to do.

I had updated the mouse by an installer from asus site

Nate152
Thank you,

Double check the cable to the dock is fully connected, it should click into place. Try the wireless dongle in another motherboard usb port.

If this doesn't help...

Could you try a system restore to a point when your ROG Spatha was working properly?

Here is a screenshot of Armoury Crate and the ROG Spatha X.

Click the picture to make it bigger.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you,

Double check the cable to the dock is fully connected, it should click into place. Try the wireless dongle in another motherboard usb port.

If this doesn't help...

Could you try a system restore to a point when your ROG Spatha was working properly?

Here is a screenshot of Armoury Crate and the ROG Spatha X.

Click the picture to make it bigger.

Many thanks for your help!

Ive tryed on another system, ive tryed another usb port, nothing better...

When the dock shut off, after some seconds it wake up again (nothin touched) with white and pink led, then it come green and work properly...

I need to know if its a dock or mouse problem, if i had to replica one of them...

Regards

And I have your se version of armoury crate and rog spatha device kit...

Nate152
Ok,

Your ROG Spatha should have come with two usb cables, try connecting the other cable to the dock. This will tell us if it's a faulty cable.

If it's not the cable, trying it on another pc with the same results could confirm a faulty mouse.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok,

Your ROG Spatha should have come with two usb cables, try connecting the other cable to the dock. This will tell us if it's a faulty cable.

If it's not the cable, trying it on another pc with the same results could confirm a faulty mouse.

Ive tryed two other cables and with another pc, same result.... 😞

Nate152
At this point I will recommend contacting ASUS Support, they will likely have you try some things to confirm the mouse is faulty.

Your ROG Spatha has a 3-year warranty, see if you're able to contact them by phone.

https://www.asus.com/it/support/Service-Center/Italy

seeme0140
Level 7

I want to ask if his problems happens