cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha - Sleep Mode Issue NOT Resolved, dispite it being marked as!

28BeersLater
Level 7
Hi folks!

I'm having more issues with my ROG Spatha.. they started off intermittent, but now happen all the time.

if I leave the mouse and shut down the PC, the next morning the mouse is 100% dead and unresponsive. - I need to use the cable to bring it back to life - I need to check battery level (this level of mouse shouldn't drain overnight, my el cheapo Logitech never did, nor did this when new!) I suspect that it's not the battery, unless it goes form 0-95% charge in under 5 minutes, and I have previously had intermittent communication problems, which were fixed by unplugging / reconnecting the Base USB connector.

Currently I need to switch the mouse off at the switch if I'm not going to use it for a few hours. it's not the worlds largest inconvenience, but its one I didn't expect to have on a mouse so spendy.

Any ideas, or is the unit already past its useful life?

Software Version: 2.108
Firmware Version: 1.49
Motherboard ROG Rampage V (Bios 3504)
Win 10 Pro x64 with latest updates.
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block
22 REPLIES 22

m4rfy wrote:
How about any solution here? I've bought the spatha two weeks ago and the battery drain still persists!! Yes, I have updated to the last version of the Armoury software and the battery drain is still here!!
In the evening the battery is about 85% and in the morning the mouse is completely dead!

I think there is no solution to this issue. I returned this mouse after 2 weeks of use.

Syberon wrote:
I think there is no solution to this issue. I returned this mouse after 2 weeks of use.

Jan 2020 and this is still a problem, with the latest of all the required softwares and firmwares and so on. I made myself forget it was a wireless mouse and now use it on cable all the time. I have a cute magnetic paperweight now...the charging base.

28BeersLater
Level 7
The new firmware update (for mouse and dock) resolved it for me.

Battery is still shot though from being excessively drained 😞
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block