cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha - Profile Issues

Unitg657b35vbec
Level 7
All profiles were reset with no input and seemed to stop all buttons from functioning as well as increase the mouse to 8200 dpi. The cursor was also unmovable either stuck at 100dpi or not moving at all. Once profiles were reset the sensitivity cant be changed even though the softwere shows differently. Tries to unistall and reset all profiles to default but the spatha is still unuseable for now. Also the macro settings will not save or change at all! dissapointing...
13 REPLIES 13

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you have both the Spatha and dock connected sometimes? It was not designed that way, it should be either or. The profiles may have been corrupted if so, try reverting profile settings to defaults, save, then try again.

If necessary, revert to an older version of Armoury and revert to defaults, verify, then update to the latest.
Armoury 1.02.26
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_v10226.zip?_ga=2.192888106.1038...

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Do you have both the Spatha and dock connected sometimes? It was not designed that way, it should be either or. The profiles may have been corrupted if so, try reverting profile settings to defaults, save, then try again.

If necessary, revert to an older version of Armoury and revert to defaults, verify, then update to the latest.
Armoury 1.02.26
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_v10226.zip?_ga=2.192888106.1038...

I gotta be honest, I'm not mucking about trying to diagnose a woefully substandard piece of software which isn't fit for purpose. I'm an extremely loyal Asus customer and I try and use Asus product where I can because they have a strong reputation. When I spend premium money on a product I expect it to work and if it doesn't then I'm just going to back it to Amazon under their own return policy (currently eligible until 14th August) and go back to my Razer Naga MMO. I really expected MUCH more from Asus.

zzr1400
Level 8
Unitg657b35vbec3 wrote:
All profiles were reset with no input and seemed to stop all buttons from functioning as well as increase the mouse to 8200 dpi. The cursor was also unmovable either stuck at 100dpi or not moving at all. Once profiles were reset the sensitivity cant be changed even though the softwere shows differently. Tries to unistall and reset all profiles to default but the spatha is still unuseable for now. Also the macro settings will not save or change at all! dissapointing...

I can confirm that I'm experiencing the exact same issues. I've only my Spatha for a week or so therefore I haven't had any previous versions installed. I've noticed that the profiles can get lost for no reason which also affects my Clarmore keyboard. It's seriously irritating and I have to plug in a different mouse in order to revert to defaults as it's unusable.

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
Unitg657b35vbec3 wrote:

for quite some time I have the same problem.

OLD

NEW

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
for quite some time I have the same problem.

Have you already tried reverting to Armoury 1 and restoring defaults?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102305-Please-read-before-posting-any-new-Spatha-threads

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
yes I have.
For info. The problem usually happens when the mall 0 mode makes the mode to pc...

fortunately have 2 spatas

OLD

NEW

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
yes I have.
For info. The problem usually happens when the mall 0 mode makes the mode to pc...

fortunately have 2 spatas

Sorry, don't understand. Can you elaborate?
Is it possible to change the sensitivity (DPI)? or is it not working?
Both Spathas displaying identical issues?
Please list the issues you are experiencing.

I also have problems with the profiles.

What happens in my case is that the power setting for idle sleep keeps changing itself. I set it to 5 minutes, restart the pc
then it's 2. The first version of Armoury I installed was 2.06.01. I tried the guide on the sticky thread, reverted to Armoury I etc.
and then installed the new 2.06.04. It was fine for a couple of days, but today the setting started going back to 2 minutes again.

What I've noticed is that every time I go to the "POWER" tab, the option to save changes is always lit up. E.g. I press save, go to buttons then back to power and Save is lit up. This doesn't happen with any of the 'Save' buttons in the other menus.

I have re - installed and uninstalled software. Followed installation to the letter; connected via docking station. I deleted an earlier thread about this because it seemed to be working properly only to find out that after a reboot all of my profiles are gone again. This is the 8th time i have had to re-do this since buying this mouse- terrible. Should have read the reviews here first and avoided this headache.

Mouse firmware or software is a complete pile of shyte - glad i have only had this for 3 days so will be sending this back, I am surprised that Asus have not sorted this out.
i9 12900ks 5.5GHZ
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 br >GTX 3090
Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero
Corsair ATX 1600i
ROG PG279Q x 3 plus Alienware AW3423 DWF