cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gladius III power management issue

sigland
Level 7
For the moment, my config:
- ROG Gladius III, device ver. 12.21.37, driver ver.1.0.44.0, Dongle (2.4Ghz) ver.1.00.24;
- Laptop ASUS UX581GV, Bios ver.308, Windows 11 x64 22000.856;
- Armoury Crate 5.2.12.0;
- ASUS Control Panel Toolkit v1.2.11.0;
- ASUS ScreenXpert Interface 3.0.1.0.

For the mice, at the driver properties, option "Allow this device to wake up the computer" unchecked.
Windows Power Management Profile = Asus Recommended, inside additional properties of Asus recommended, all waking timers are disabled. But still, laptop periodically waking up with laptop lid closed, unless mice dongle was physically disconnected.

It sounds like some regular issue in the row, but waking up with laptop lid closed causes more serious potential danger. I don't know which FAN Profile activated after such wake up, but laptop critically overheated after some time. Not always this overheating ending up with forced power off, sometimes, laptop keep working and burning until smell appeared. Support team, please, pay attention to this issue. It's important.

PS
I'd able to solve this by myself by creating task in windows task scheduler. Trigger for that task is entering into standby mode. Power Shell Action for the trigger = Disable-PnpDevice -InstanceID "HID\ELAN9009&COL01\5&8EBB0E5&0&0000" -Confirm:$false, Power shell action for waking up = Enable-PnpDevice -InstanceID "HID\ELAN9009&COL01\5&8EBB0E5&0&0000" -Confirm:$false
But, there is an issue in gladius driver: even if I trying to disable gladius driver manually in Windows Device Manager, it stop working for a second and then start working again with "device disabled" status!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi sigland

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Have you tried using Command Prompt to disable your ROG Gladius III from waking your laptop?

https://techcult.com/allow-or-prevent-devices-to-wake-computer-in-windows-10/

Nate152 wrote:
Hi sigland

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Have you tried using Command Prompt to disable your ROG Gladius III from waking your laptop?

https://techcult.com/allow-or-prevent-devices-to-wake-computer-in-windows-10/

I did: "powercfg -devicedisablewake "ROG GLADIUS III WIRELESS (001)". It seemed to help. Thanks a lot!

Nate152
You're welcome,

Thank you for reporting and good to hear this method worked for you.