cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Chakram X

selfa
Level 8
hello,

I have had this mouse for two days and find that when I move the cursor very slowly there is a kind of latency and small jerks that occur.
Problem that I don't have with the first Chakram of the name. I tried to update the firmware and change the usb port uninstall armor crate nothing changes do you know where the problem could come from? I use a Rog Scabbard II mouse pad. The problem also occurs when I connect the mouse with the usb cable.
15 REPLIES 15

Pook_and_Pie
Level 8
1600dpi is too low for my preferences on a higher resolution monitor (having to pick the mouse up repeatedly hurts my elbow lol), but I did turn the dpi way down to further test this jitter.

The issue is that when moving the mouse slowly, the mouse slows down dramatically, almost like it's hanging for a brief moment. Then it'll speed up and overshoot after hanging (so the cursor jumps a bit). Mouse acceleration is always off so I don't know why it's doing this. It's much harder to notice at low dpi, but it's *extremely* apparently at high dpi settings as it becomes very exaggerated.

I don't know if this'll help explain what the mouse is doing, but here's this:

(hopefully it's okay to post a video link. if not I'll remove it)

If there's a setting that needs changed that's common knowledge to ASUS users, let me know. While I've been a big purveyor of ASUS motherboards, but this is my first actual ASUS mouse, so if I need to change something in Windows mouse settings, let me know. Or if the sensor is pooched, I can send the mouse back and try again. Or maybe this is a case of PEBCAK, wouldn't be the first time.

xeromist
Skipping could be due to a poor connection (signal strength and/or interference). Does this happen if you plug it in and use it wired? If it doesn't happen wired then you might try using the extension on the dongle and putting it next to your mouse pad. That should minimize any chance for signal issues.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Skipping could be due to a poor connection (signal strength and/or interference). Does this happen if you plug it in and use it wired? If it doesn't happen wired then you might try using the extension on the dongle and putting it next to your mouse pad. That should minimize any chance for signal issues.

You know what? I think this solved my problem. I had the wireless receiver plugged into the Asus Balteus Qi mousepad I have, but the issue is largely gone after taking the supplied cable and dongle, plugging that into the back of my PC, and running the cord up on top of the desk. Apparently I need to be cautious about where I plug in the receiver- it's technically further away from the mouse now but it's working better than ever (it was mere inches from the mouse when plugged into the mousepad lol).

Thanks for the idea. I think this solved my issue.

xeromist
Interesting. I wonder if that's a use case ASUS tested. It totally makes sense you would want to plug it in there. Well, I'm glad you found the solution.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

M__Ismaeel
Level 7

im facing the same issue 

Nate152

Hello M__Ismaeel

Try using the USB extender that came with your ROG Chakram X.