cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Chakram X wierd behaviour when an other controller connected

PWN3D_
Level 10
I have a second problem with the new ROG Chakram X that I don't have with the regular Chakram QI,

When the ROG Chakram X is connected (using default profile) and then using a regular controller (I've tested Xbox one, PS4, Xbox 360 wire and wireless using the official dongle), it can messed up with some games by not detecting the regular controller. I've tested it so far on FIFA 23 (broken games I know but still) and Guitar Hero 3/WT, everytime I have my ROG Chakram X plugged, the game doesn't detect my controller. I only tested this 3 games yet, but I'm sure there are A LOT MORE that as this issue.

One thing that made it work with the Chrakram X plugged in is to go to Peripheral management on windows 11, Human Interface Devices, and then dissable the 3 entry that match the ID (or easier, the date and hours when you connected it) of the Chakram X:

-HID compliant Game Controller
-HID system controller
-HID Compliant Device/Consumer Control Device

I have not idea what are the consequences of dissabling these if you use your Chakram X as a controller, but at least it doesn't messed up with others controllers this way.

It's a behaviour that I'm SURE isn't hapening with the old Chakram QI as I've also tested it.

This mouse need a firmware update really REALLY BADLY, as this is the second issue that I find with it that was NOT on the previous model:

See also this topic with the charging status problem that is not fixed yet (1 month ago): https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130327-ROG-Chakram-X-QI-Charge-issue-in-2-4GHz-mode

Please acknowledge these issues asap!
12 REPLIES 12

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

When Joystick Compatibility Mode is on (function is exclusive to Chakram X only, not the Chakram), the mouse is not detected as a controller. Despite not detected in Steam as a controller, do those games you mentioned still see the mouse as a controller? How about if you add the EA/Origin launcher into Steam and start the game that way?
For the dozens of games we've tested, none of them has this problem. Unfortunately, we did not have those games you mentioned.

If Joystick Compatibility Mode is disabled, then it should be detected and indicated as below:

MasterC@ROG wrote:

When Joystick Compatibility Mode is on (function is exclusive to Chakram X only, not the Chakram), the mouse is not detected as a controller. Despite not detected in Steam as a controller, do those games you mentioned still see the mouse as a controller? How about if you add the EA/Origin launcher into Steam and start the game that way?
For the dozens of games we've tested, none of them has this problem. Unfortunately, we did not have those games you mentioned.

If Joystick Compatibility Mode is disabled, then it should be detected and indicated as below:

Strange.
Joystick Compatibility Mode wasn't doing anything at first, but after reinitialising all my profiles and activating it once again, it did disconnect and reconnect the mouse and the Chakram X input dissapeared from the controller list on Steam just like your screenshot. I did some tests on games that seems to have problem right after, and they all worked fine, Chakram X was not detected as a controller in those games, even FIFA 23 without adding Origin to Steam... So I guess all of my trouble was a profile issue?

I still wonder why does Overwolf was acting like this, but 5 controller input, 5 (probablty corrupted) profiles... it make senses?

IAmLusoX
Level 8

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue since I've had this mouse.

The only game I have issues with is FIFA games and the new one FC 24.
I literally open the game, press ''A'' on Xbox Controller, ''X'' PS5 controller same issue, and nothing happens.

I've set the mouse to Profile 5 and turn on the gamepad symbol to RED. See below.

2023-09-26_08-11-12.jpg

I've found a workaround, I hope this isn't something that only works for me, but it does resolve my issue.

1. Open FIFA game or the new FC 24.
  2. On the screen to press ''A'' (Xbox) or ''X'' (PS), pause there if you press the buttons on the Controller, and nothing happens.
  3. Come back to the Armoury Crate app, and disable the gamepad symbol to OFF (greyed out). You will hear the chiming notifications as if a USB device was disconnected.
  4. Reactivate the gamepad symbol to ON, while making sure the it's set to profile 5, and you'll hear the chiming sound again as the mouse reconnects.
  5. Go back to the FIFA or new FC 24 game, and pressing the button on the controller, it suddenly works.

PS: Once all this is done, and if it works for you, make sure to set your cursor to the TOP left or right corner of your monitor, because if you leave the cursor in the middle, yes it'll disappear, however it'll prevent you from swiping left and right through the menus with the controller's Joystick or D-Pad.

Hope this WORKAROUND works for everyone, but it's still annoying, and it's not the Game, it's the Armoury Crate software.

NB: I don't recommend deleting any entries in the Device Manager in windows, it's pointless as it'll come back on reboot. If you disable it completely, then it may cause the Device to misbehave even more or cause crashes to games, etc... IMO.