cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Chakram X QI Charge issue in 2.4GHz mode

PWN3D_
Level 9
I don't really know if it's a firmware issue or if it is intended but my previous Chakram QI did not act like that so I wanted to report it just in case.

When I want to charge my new Chakram X using QI charge, it doesn't go to sleep like my old Chakram QI use to. It first start to indicate the level of the battery (Green, Blue or Red) for maybe 2-3 seconds, they goes back to the RGB mode or Aura Sync set previously.

It is after the 2 min I have set for it to go to sleep that it work as I think it should by indicating the battery level again.

It's not a armoury crate problem this time as this happen even when my pc is turned off.

So to resume, the issue, is that the Chakram X after the QI charge initaiize, does not indicate the charging status right away, but stay awake for the sleeping time set in the settings.

I think the correct behaviour should be like the previous chakram.

Ver. 21.52.14
Dongle ver 1.00.14
4 REPLIES 4

world
For what its worth, my Chakram X does exactly the same thing when I set it on my Qi charger. (flash for a few seconds and then revert back to active mouse profile lighting settings)

world wrote:
For what its worth, my Chakram X does exactly the same thing when I set it on my Qi charger. (flash for a few seconds and then revert back to active mouse profile lighting settings)

Thanks for the feedback, kinda glad it's not only my unit.

Yeah like I said, I don't know if it is really the normal behaviour or the firmware of the mouse need a tweak.

I was more confortable with the way my old Chakram was acting; wireless charge = instant charging status.

world
Yea, I can definitely see why you would prefer the old behavior--If the mouse is charging by Qi, it can't be used at the same time so it might as well show the charge status constantly, right?

world wrote:
Yea, I can definitely see why you would prefer the old behavior--If the mouse is charging by Qi, it can't be used at the same time so it might as well show the charge status constantly, right?

Exactly this.

It's also kinda nice to see the status of the charge right away when your pc is off and therefore don't have armoury crate to see the battery level.

Having to wait (3min in my case) to just see a fixed green light that show that the battery is full, where with my old my it was showing it right away it's kinda meh imo.

Now that I'm thinking about it, if your have your mouse sleeping time set to say 10min, or even more on "Never", you would never see the battery status, so this is definitely not intended and issue.