Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Chakram Sleep Issue

lahceneamine
Level 8
Hello there,

I hope someone could help me a bit,

I'm not sure but I think since last firmware update, my rog chakrman mouse doesn't go to sleep anymore, whatever the selected time-to-sleep is, in both bluetooth and RF modes.

Is there anything I can do to reset the mouse completely or to downgrade the firmware ? I tried using armoury crate but nada 😞

Thank you all.

Additional Information :
Firmware version : 13.11.33
Dongle version : 1.00.32

Armoury Crate Information :
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.11.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.12.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate service 5.0.8
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.8.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.33
AacAudioHal 1.3.40.0
15 REPLIES 15

I updated my entire armoury crate a few days ago and got the exact same issue now.......

It doesn't even turn off now when I turn off the PC. Have to turn off manually.

ASUS Software really is ****

Mithras90 wrote:
I updated my entire armoury crate a few days ago and got the exact same issue now.......

It doesn't even turn off now when I turn off the PC. Have to turn off manually.

ASUS Software really is ****

On my side this same problem occurred after the firmware update V21.62.15 Dongle version 1.00.14 of the Chakram X
But there was also the AC update and if I uninstall AC the problem persists so I think the firmware is at fault

Nate152
Hi amitedri101

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Is Armoury Crate fully updated?

As a test, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port on your pc and set the switch on the ROG Chakram to 2.4GHz wireless mode.

In Armoury Crate on the ROG Chakram page, click the power tab and set sleep mode to 1 minute.

After 1 minute without touching the mouse, the RGB should go off and the ROG Chakram page should show this.

Nate152
Hi Mithras90,

To get your peripherals to turn off when your pc shuts down, in the bios enable ERP Ready (S4+S5).

With the latest Armoury Crate update 5.3.4.0, I'm not having any sleep issues with my mice.

Do you have sleep set properly on the Power page?

cekeu
Level 12
Hello, on my side it was after updating the Chakram X to firmware v021.62.15 by ArmoryCrate that it stopped going to sleep and the battery level indicator no longer works either. When the PC shuts down, I have to turn off my mouse manually.
This malfunction appeared following the firmware update v021.62.15.
There is no need to uninstall and reinstall AC, the malfunction is caused by the firmware update process.

Kyon
Level 7

For people who still experiencing this https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/tdtw8g/rog_chakram_sleep_issue/ try doing the one mentioned here. My chakram X also suddenly does not want to go to sleep. I tried everything from reinstalling and resetting the mouse. I even waited for new firmware versions to no avail. at long last no more turning it off.