cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog chakram not visible in armory crate

eduardo_labrin
Level 9
Hello I don't know when the mouse was updated, but now it does not display in armory, I uninstalled the driver and the application updated it, it does not display in wired/wireless. :mad:

https://prnt.sc/1y2ta3l
97 REPLIES 97

Nate152
You may have to try a system restore and install Armoury Crate again.

I'm not sure what else to try as I haven't experienced this.

balanzaurio
Level 7
i cant do a system restore because my laptop came with armory crate preinstalled in the system!

Nate152
All right,

Try the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the Asus Support Center, then reinstall it.

Choose your operating system and click expand all.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Or try a system recovery on your laptop.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041621/#D1

the only way is to migrate to windows 11 and see if it works. :c

Nate152
Hi EmmaSLCL,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I see there is a notification for your ROG Keris, are you able to address it in the update center?

When did you notice the buttons disappeared, did this happen after an update?

Was the ROG Keris showing in Armoury Crate at a previous point?

If your ROG Keris is synced, try unsyncing it and restart Armoury Crate. Does this get the buttons to show?

I found a momentary solution but with the software ROG Armoury 2 Version 3.00.44
https://rog.asus.com/mice-mouse-pads/mice/ergonomic-right-handed/rog-chakram-model/helpdesk_download

The idea is to factory reset the mouse in this case the wireless chakram version by pressing left click + wheel click + right click at the same time 10 seconds, then connect to the cable hold 10 seconds and release. the mouse is returned to factory settings. once this install the armory 2, it will update the mouse takes a few minutes and ready you can use it without problems.

but when using it with the armory crate the mouse recognizes it but asks to update it for use generating the black screen. and the problem is the version of html version 2.13.07 I guess is the one that allows vizualizar the settings but I do not know how I can download it or can check the error please that recent version .. asus guys . I'm tired of not being able to use my mouse in only 1 software.

eduardo.labrin wrote:
I found a momentary solution but with the software ROG Armoury 2 Version 3.00.44
https://rog.asus.com/mice-mouse-pads/mice/ergonomic-right-handed/rog-chakram-model/helpdesk_download

The idea is to factory reset the mouse in this case the wireless chakram version by pressing left click + wheel click + right click at the same time 10 seconds, then connect to the cable hold 10 seconds and release. the mouse is returned to factory settings. once this install the armory 2, it will update the mouse takes a few minutes and ready you can use it without problems.

but when using it with the armory crate the mouse recognizes it but asks to update it for use generating the black screen. and the problem is the version of html version 2.13.07 I guess is the one that allows vizualizar the settings but I do not know how I can download it or can check the error please that recent version .. asus guys . I'm tired of not being able to use my mouse in only 1 software.

Thanks! I've finally got a workaround on this issue. Could you configure a profile without having it to update?

I've been dealing with trying to solve this by my own as in the multiple times I've talked to the asus support team they only told me to uninstall and reinstall both Asus Control System and Armoury Crate.

It's been almost 2 months that I cannot fully use my mouse. I mean it's a total waste. I have a top notch device with very good extras but I can't configure them. I mean, What's the point of having it?! It's been 2 months.

Crazy solution I've read: Restore your system. Do the user really need to restore his whole system to JUST TRY and see if that solve's it? That doesn't make any sense! I mean the name says it: Republic Of Gamers, we don't have just one game to reinstall, some of them are 50GB+, you want this mouse to have multiple profiles, so you can easily switch between games and have easy configuration and play them better!.

I really think that Asus should be more considered with their users and HAVE to release top quality software as they do with its hardware.

I'm just getting tired of waiting.:(

nocklaff wrote:
Thanks! I've finally got a workaround on this issue. Could you configure a profile without having it to update?

I've been dealing with trying to solve this by my own as in the multiple times I've talked to the asus support team they only told me to uninstall and reinstall both Asus Control System and Armoury Crate.

It's been almost 2 months that I cannot fully use my mouse. I mean it's a total waste. I have a top notch device with very good extras but I can't configure them. I mean, What's the point of having it?! It's been 2 months.

Crazy solution I've read: Restore your system. Do the user really need to restore his whole system to JUST TRY and see if that solve's it? That doesn't make any sense! I mean the name says it: Republic Of Gamers, we don't have just one game to reinstall, some of them are 50GB+, you want this mouse to have multiple profiles, so you can easily switch between games and have easy configuration and play them better!.

I really think that Asus should be more considered with their users and HAVE to release top quality software as they do with its hardware.

I'm just getting tired of waiting.:(

I haven't had an official solution from asus either, it makes me so upset because I have all the asus rog setup and not being able to use the mouse with its functionalities frustrates me. But it is the solution that I could do without using the armory crate, which from the html updates corrupted the mouse. I tried on another computer the same result. and maybe many users with the same problem. but with this guide you can use the mouse without problems. But it is not the idea since armory crate in theory "is the unification of the whole setup asus rog" which has many failures. let's hope that they take pity on us and really help us.

With the profiles when resetting the mouse everything is lost. and the armory crate updates the mouse but it is not possible to visualize the functions. but if with the above explained...

update causing not allowing to visualize the mouse functions. if or if the app forces you to upgrade

armory crate

Armory 2 solution

eduardo.labrin wrote:
But it is the solution that I could do without using the armory crate, which from the html updates corrupted the mouse. I tried on another computer the same result. and maybe many users with the same problem. but with this guide you can use the mouse without problems. But it is not the idea since armory crate in theory "is the unification of the whole setup asus rog" which has many failures. let's hope that they take pity on us and really help us.

With the profiles when resetting the mouse everything is lost. and the armory crate updates the mouse but it is not possible to visualize the functions. but if with the above explained...

update causing not allowing to visualize the mouse functions. if or if the app forces you to upgrade

I just got what you said. I thought you downgraded Armoury Crate, I've tried that (suggested by asus support) many times but no success.
Now I will try your solution. I really need to configure my mouse otherwise I'm just stuck with a simple wireless mouse. This makes me angry too - I was really looking forward to get the Chakram X but this totally changed my mind.

nocklaff wrote:
I just got what you said. I thought you downgraded Armoury Crate, I've tried that (suggested by asus support) many times but no success.
Now I will try your solution. I really need to configure my mouse otherwise I'm just stuck with a simple wireless mouse. This makes me angry too - I was really looking forward to get the Chakram X but this totally changed my mind.

il chakram x non ha senso per me, forse è lo stesso mouse o forse è la soluzione per questo difetto? chissÃ*. ma non è un'evoluzione per la versione precedente.