cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Spatha issue, mouse in wireless mode will stop working

Brighttail
Level 11
Hey all,

For the most part I have enjoyed my Spatha. It has been a good, reliable mouse. Yes there has been some issues with the software which occasionally means I have to uninstall everything, clear the registry and start again but that is minor.

Lately if I let the mouse sit more than a couple minutes in wireless mode, I'll come back to it and the mouse won't work. No cursor, nothing. The lights are still on but it is like there is no mouse recognized. I have the power off set at 10 minutes so it is happening before that happens.

I can fix the issue by turning off the mouse and turn it back on and it works fine. It also has no issues in wired mode. I've moved the wireless dock to a few different positions, reconnected and cleaned the connectors, changed USB ports on the back of the computer and it is still an issue. Firmware and software is completely up to date. The only thing I haven't tried is to go back a couple of versions to see if that is the problem. I'm not sure when it started but the latest update to Armory was a week or so ago.

Suggestions?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
19 REPLIES 19

cyber1000
Level 8
No updates/fixes on this?

cyber1000 wrote:
No updates/fixes on this?

Is the wireless disconnected and conections... NO for the moment i am on wire cause of that. I can test the new update that was push today. Version 3.00.34 No info or logs on that
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Is the wireless disconnected and conections... NO for the moment i am on wire cause of that. I can test the new update that was push today. Version 3.00.34 No info or logs on that

I just disabled the sleep mode, far from a permanent fix and its not a really big deal other than the battery drain which is already not that soft, but still annoying to turn off/on my mouse every 3min i stop using it lol
Specially after being over an year wired cuz of disconnecting/interference issues in wireless, right when i fix that part, i get a new issue >_<

Despite loving ROG a lot, i feel like asus softwares always sucks too much tho. Feels that every single issue with this mouse is related to armoury being a piece of crap. Settings still go nuts when connecting the mouse wired after wireless and vice versa (Even without having both simultaneous on, i thought this was a wired/wireless mouse?)

MrAssus
Level 7
No more info about this probleme ?

MrAssus wrote:
No more info about this probleme ?

Seems not, i updated armoury but the issue is still there

EDIT: well seems like my tracking issues are back too, time to throw this mouse to garbage since RMA doesnt do anything as they "dont detect the issue"

ForWat_1
Level 7
Brighttail wrote:
Hey all,

For the most part I have enjoyed my Spatha. It has been a good, reliable mouse. Yes there has been some issues with the software which occasionally means I have to uninstall everything, clear the registry and start again but that is minor.

Lately if I let the mouse sit more than a couple minutes in wireless mode, I'll come back to it and the mouse won't work. No cursor, nothing. The lights are still on but it is like there is no mouse recognized. I have the power off set at 10 minutes so it is happening before that happens.

I can fix the issue by turning off the mouse and turn it back on and it works fine. It also has no issues in wired mode. I've moved the wireless dock to a few different positions, reconnected and cleaned the connectors, changed USB ports on the back of the computer and it is still an issue. Firmware and software is completely up to date. The only thing I haven't tried is to go back a couple of versions to see if that is the problem. I'm not sure when it started but the latest update to Armory was a week or so ago.

Suggestions?

This issue still exist in 2023

Yep, this mouse is a truely a hunk of junk

Nate152

Hello Samtheman26

Are you having issues with your ROG Spatha?

Explain the problem and I'll try and help you with it.

Well my mouse will normally jump and it's incredibly annoying for all the reason, and now when I use wireless if my mouse goes to sleep it won't reconnect unless I dock it or turn it off and on again, and when I first had it I tried doing a firmware update and completely bricked it and had to send it in on an RMA and after it returned the issues wherent resolved but atleast it wasn't bricked.

Nate152

That's strange that the firmware update bricked your ROG Spatha.

I'll suggest to install Armoury Crate and try updating it again.

After installing Armoury Crate, go to the update center.

To update your ROG Spatha...

1) Connect the dock to a usb port on your pc.

2) Grab a usb cable from the box, connect it to your ROG Spatha and a usb port on your pc.

3) Set the wireless switch on the bottom of the mouse to Off.

4) Do the update in Armoury Crate.

After updating your ROG Spatha, try sleep mode and let me know if it's working for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.