cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gladius II Wireless mode bricked...

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
Recent firmware update bricked the RF mode of the mouse. Is there any way I can fix this at home? Or does it have to be sent to ASUS for repairs? I'd rather return to Amazon because who wants to wait on ASUS for days to get this fixed?
13 REPLIES 13

Stiglitz26
Level 7
Any fix for this issue? I just received my brand new Gladius II wireless, what should I avoid into getting into the issue above? I want to use the mouse trouble free.

I returned it to Amazon and ordered myself a Spatha. Gladius is an awesome mouse but I can't believe how ASUS marketed this product like this with terrible firmware update issues. I'm still an ASUS fan as Spatha is a badass but come on man. So what I'm going to recommend to you is that you avoid automat firmware updates via the Armoury software. Just do whatever is published on the support page. The issue isn't the mouse itself it's the dongle. Dongle gets corrupted and there is no reset switch or special way plugging it to reset the firmware to scratch. There's a chance you may get it corrupted too at some point. Pay a little extra and get a Spatha.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Was the Gladius II wireless plugged in (using the cable) while performing the live update?

No it was wireless and the update started before I could react as soon as I opened Armoury. It hung up, constantly trying to flash but midway ending and starting over. I made sure I turned off auto update for my Spatha

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Was the Gladius II wireless plugged in (using the cable) while performing the live update?

So it is safe to update firmware with the cable?

I didnt install anything as this mouse plugged to my ROG G731GU and Armoury Crate already installed in the laptop. No option for auto-update firmware but it does gives the option to check for update.

If the firmware is broken, then I shall make sure the mouse wont get/do any updating of firmware for now.

Armoury Crate isn't as good as it appears on some other ASUS counterparts compared to my Z370G board. So I stuck with Armoury II and AURA. Previous firmware update had installed just fine but the most recent one messed up the RF dongle. For the firmware update, the software asks you to have the dongle and cable connected. I would avoid the firmware update with Gladius wireless at the moment. You mess up that RF dongle, it is done, there is no way to reset the dongle.

Bushmaster78FS wrote:
Armoury Crate isn't as good as it appears on some other ASUS counterparts compared to my Z370G board. So I stuck with Armoury II and AURA. Previous firmware update had installed just fine but the most recent one messed up the RF dongle. For the firmware update, the software asks you to have the dongle and cable connected. I would avoid the firmware update with Gladius wireless at the moment. You mess up that RF dongle, it is done, there is no way to reset the dongle.

Hey wich version is this
I had update bothe cable way and wirelless all seems fine

And if you go to device manager wich version does it show 1.0.19.0 or 1.0.20.0 even when using spatha

Thanks for checking in advance

Gofran wrote:
Hey wich version is this

Which version of?

And if you go to device manager wich version does it show 1.0.19.0 or 1.0.20.0 even when using spatha

Gofran
Level 8
so i see version 2.28.32
And when i check for an update it says there is 2.33.37 was this the version was causing an issue for you because mine give me a error use bundle usb and dongle cant not update

Did asus rog remove this Version 2.33.37 or is this mous not updating