cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chakram X weird issues + Armory Crate

kreizee
Level 7
Every time the mouse goes to sleep when I connect XBOX controller, then
1. All button settings and lightning are reset on mouse.
2. I can't enter device page in Armory Crate ("we are sorry error with device" 2006 error)
3. Mouse is visible in device tab LIST(not page) but not in aura sync
4. Mouse battery notification disappears from notification tray

Basically nothing helps until next restart OR killing all asus processes(not sure which one exactly, this is very annoying as it doesn't always work as it need 5-7 kills and takes 10-15 mins)
I tried switching connection modes, wire wireless etc. All latest versions are installed

Will there be some support? Not just uninstall AC as the issue continues to appear
I have a log, but attachments should be only jpegs?
35 REPLIES 35

MasterC@ROG wrote:
We will have to diagnose your logs, in the meantime, it's worth trying again after updating to the latest version of Armoury Crate - V5.4.8.1 (rolled out this week).

The Chakram X is my daily driver and I didn't have any issues when tested with an XBOX ONE controller, is that what you have? (or an older one?)

Xbox Core Wireless Controller Shock Blue
Platform : Xbox One, Windows, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X
I suppose that is new.

I've checked new update:
1. Complex key bindings(two keys/m disappeared right in the middle of my work even without controller usage. Once again, I have ctrl+w, ctrl+click macro assigned to button/joystick. so they didn't work. But usual bindings(one key/action) worked fine .
2. I got 2006 error in AC at this stage, after some time (and magic of restarting crate) it disappeared
3. But complex bindings didn't work, i switched profiles, assigned new ctrl+x, changed wireless/wired/bluetooth. No luck.
4. Only killing all asus processes helped me not to restart and preserve my work.
5. Last but the most annoying! After new update I get constantly UserSessionHelper.exe loading CPU! As i see this issue is about 3 years already and not fixed. That is insane. So many issues with this

I suspect that complex key bindings are not stored in mouse memory. Even after uninstalling armoury crate I have some buttons assigned, but complex are not working.

Even my cheap $10 a4tech stored all bindings in mouse memory. I don't know how anyone decided to use AC as a proxy for key processing.

Nate152
Hey kreizee, thank you for your feedback.

I don't use the joystick much but I'll try and answer your queries the best I can.

1) Macros cannot be saved in the on board memory, are you using the ROG Chakram X on more than one pc?

2) Good to hear you were able to resolve the 2006 error.

3) Possibly related to number 1?

4) I'm not sure what to think of this one, I never had to kill any ASUS processes in task manager.

5) How high is your cpu usage with the user session helper? Mine shows around 6%, Steam updates can cause high cpu usage with the user session helper.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey kreizee, thank you for your feedback.

I don't use the joystick much but I'll try and answer your queries the best I can.

1) Macros cannot be saved in the on board memory, are you using the ROG Chakram X on more than one pc?

2) Good to hear you were able to resolve the 2006 error.

3) Possibly related to number 1?

4) I'm not sure what to think of this one, I never had to kill any ASUS processes in task manager.

5) How high is your cpu usage with the user session helper? Mine shows around 6%, Steam updates can cause high cpu usage with the user session helper.

1. Not only macros. Simple button combination can't be saved. 97238 . Ctrl+click is a macros and is not saved. Ctrl+shift+t is a default key binding and is not saved. Even my a4tech could operate without any addition software and could save at least Ctrl+something.

2. I still get it, but more rarerly. Why mouse page was important is that my main issue is that button bindings from 1) accidentally disappeared, so I tried to open mouse page but got 2006. Now I can open page, but buttons still don't work in that case. So in that case only restart or killing processes help which means that the issue is in software. I didn't figure out which process exactly

5. So you have the same issue as others. 6% is not normal. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?132054-UserSessionHelper-exe-high-CPU-usage-in-5-4-8-0 There like 4-5 other topics opened about user session helper on this subforum.
Thankfully a user on reddit found a fix. But still I see that the temperatures don't go below 47 after update despite they were about 40 BEFORE update. I see that gpu constantly consumes some power previously my laptop could operate in eco mode without any power at all. This is an offtopic for this subforum but you could notify devs since we already discussed that

So, my main problem with mouse is 1) that key bindings don't work

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
From your screenshot it looks like the combination keys were saved by using "Keyboard function", you can either do that or record a macro. Both do the same thing and both worked for me (I tested 2 and 3-key combinations). The difference is that macros cannot be saved into the onboard memory (can't predict how complex users can get, possible to exceed memory capacity), so I'd suggest to use keyboard function if delays and repetition aren't required.

Looks like you are saving the functions fine, do you mean you cannot save into onboard memory?

If combination keys or simple key bindings are not working normally, then please record a log of yourself recording/assigning the functions and then executing them. Thanks.

Has the XBOX controller issue disappeared?

High CPU usage was resolved, refer to the other thread.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
From your screenshot it looks like the combination keys were saved by using "Keyboard function", you can either do that or record a macro. Both does the same thing and both worked for me (I tested 2 and 3-key combinations). The difference is that macros cannot be saved into the onboard memory (can't predict how complex users can get, possible to exceed memory capacity), so I'd suggest to use keyboard function if delays and repetition aren't required.

Looks like you are saving the functions fine, do you mean you cannot save into onboard memory?

If combination keys or simple key bindings are not working normally, then please record a log of yourself recording/assigning the functions and then executing them. Thanks.

Has the XBOX controller issue disappeared?

High CPU usage was resolved, refer to the other thread.

Exactly, that is keyboard function. I have only one macro. And they work as they should usually. BUT once a day or two COMBINATIONS stop working anymore. I have "enter" assigned, "backspace" assigned within same profile and they continue to work, but COMBINATIONS don't work (as well as my only macro). All profiles are synced and saved to memory. But it seems that COMBINATIONS (and macro) are not saved and don't work without AC.

So I observe the issue as this. Everything works fine, after some events like sleep or "xbox pad issue" mouse forgets combinations and assigned macros. Switching profiles, wireless/wired connection doesn't help. I can also assign new combination that will not work, but single button will.
Last time I killed only 3 processes of ASUS nodejs web framework and launched AC. After a pretty long initialization in AC I was able to access devices tab and then mouse bindings worked as they should. So on the last step there is some "reinitialzation" of mouse and/or armoury crate. I'll take a log next time

I had 2006 error only twice since update. That's a progress for me

PS my macro is not complex at all. It is just a mouse click with Ctrl.

Ok, I can confirm that after sleep keyboard combinations are broken. Killing asus nodejs server helps . Reproduced that two times

OreGon
Level 8
kreizee wrote:
Every time the mouse goes to sleep when I connect XBOX controller, then
1. All button settings and lightning are reset on mouse.
2. I can't enter device page in Armory Crate ("we are sorry error with device" 2006 error)
3. Mouse is visible in device tab LIST(not page) but not in aura sync
4. Mouse battery notification disappears from notification tray

Basically nothing helps until next restart OR killing all asus processes(not sure which one exactly, this is very annoying as it doesn't always work as it need 5-7 kills and takes 10-15 mins)
I tried switching connection modes, wire wireless etc. All latest versions are installed

Will there be some support? Not just uninstall AC as the issue continues to appear
I have a log, but attachments should be only jpegs?

i just fixed mine 'error 2005' by plugging in the usb c cable that came together with the mouse to my pc ...

OreGon wrote:
i just fixed mine 'error 2005' by plugging in the usb c cable that came together with the mouse to my pc ...

Well, my 2006 error was just consequences mouse sometims "forgets" combinations of bindings. I'm still having this issue

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
It's really cool somebody is trying to explore the full potential of the mouse by mapping many of the functions we worked hard to implement.
There is onboard memory, however, there are limitations as explained, so please make sure Armoury Create is installed on each of the PCs you connect the mouse to. Regarding macros saved in onboard memory, it is a patented function which is why only selected mice offer that feature (our original Gladius mouse had it).

The next major update for Armoury Crate is rolling out as I speak. Please keep an eye out for it.