cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chakram X weird issues + Armory Crate

kreizee
Level 7
Every time the mouse goes to sleep when I connect XBOX controller, then
1. All button settings and lightning are reset on mouse.
2. I can't enter device page in Armory Crate ("we are sorry error with device" 2006 error)
3. Mouse is visible in device tab LIST(not page) but not in aura sync
4. Mouse battery notification disappears from notification tray

Basically nothing helps until next restart OR killing all asus processes(not sure which one exactly, this is very annoying as it doesn't always work as it need 5-7 kills and takes 10-15 mins)
I tried switching connection modes, wire wireless etc. All latest versions are installed

Will there be some support? Not just uninstall AC as the issue continues to appear
I have a log, but attachments should be only jpegs?
35 REPLIES 35

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you for your feedback kreizee, I sent your log to the dev team.

Let's hope they find it useful. If they can pinpoint or replicate the error, look for a fix with a future update.

Nate, I've sent you another log.
Symptoms are the same after playing a game with xbox gamepad in a few minutes after game is over and mouse is awake it just loses it's button settings and page in AC is not opening. The log should clearly show the error.
If the log wasn't encrypted, I'd check it myself. Unfortunately we need it to redirect to dev team

Oh, and I can edit mouse lightning in aura creator! But it is getting 2006 error in armoury crate!

Nate152
Thank you, I sent them the log.

In the meantime...

Are you able to access the ROG Chakram X buttons page at all?

Do you get the 2006 error in wired and wireless mode?

When in wireless mode, make sure you have the wireless dongle connected to a usb port on your pc, set the switch on the bottom of the mouse to 2.4GHz wireless and then make sure it's paired with the pair button.

Just making sure you have it set up correctly.

If we can fix the 2006 error, things may go back to normal.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you, I sent them the log.

In the meantime...

Are you able to access the ROG Chakram X buttons page at all?

Do you get the 2006 error in wired and wireless mode?

When in wireless mode, make sure you have the wireless dongle connected to a usb port on your pc, set the switch on the bottom of the mouse to 2.4GHz wireless and then make sure it's paired with the pair button.

Just making sure you have it set up correctly.

If we can fix the 2006 error, things may go back to normal.

I can't access mouse device tab at all in all modes. No buttons, no lightning, no power tab. BUT. I can change lightning in AURA CREATOR. So the pc sees the mouse, but it is not available in aura crate. Thats the point.

Nate152
All right,

So, you've used the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstalled Armoury Crate but that didn't fix the 2006 error.

When you reinstalled Armoury Crate, did you install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 from the ASUS Support Center and update to version 5.3.4.0?

pic - 97002

You could try uninstalling your ROG Chakram X from Device Manager, reboot and see if this fixes the 2006 error.

As a last resort, what will fix the 2006 error is a windows reinstall. I only ever had to do this one time and it was for the ROG Falchion giving the 1003 error, reinstalling windows fixed it and I haven't had a problem since.

How I do it is...

1) Install windows
2) Install the chipset driver
3) Install audio drivers if needed and update the graphics driver.
4) Update windows
5) Install Armoury Crate

To update your ROG Chakram X - Connect the cable to your mouse and a usb port on your pc, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port, set the switch on the bottom of the mouse to wired mode.

Nate152 wrote:
All right,

So, you've used the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstalled Armoury Crate but that didn't fix the 2006 error.

When you reinstalled Armoury Crate, did you install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 from the ASUS Support Center and update to version 5.3.4.0?

pic - 97002

You could try uninstalling your ROG Chakram X from Device Manager, reboot and see if this fixes the 2006 error.

As a last resort, what will fix the 2006 error is a windows reinstall. I only ever had to do this one time and it was for the ROG Falchion giving the 1003 error, reinstalling windows fixed it and I haven't had a problem since.

How I do it is...

1) Install windows
2) Install the chipset driver
3) Install audio drivers if needed and update the graphics driver.
4) Update windows
5) Install Armoury Crate

To update your ROG Chakram X - Connect the cable to your mouse and a usb port on your pc, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port, set the switch on the bottom of the mouse to wired mode.

Are you serious? Reinstall windows to fix this error? Mine issue is 100% reproducible after xbox gamepad is active for some time. Should I reinstall windows after every time I play a game?

The issue is in armoury crate.
Aura creator CAN manage lightning on the mouse. AT THE SAME TIME armoury crate gives me 2006 error and button bindings dont work. Reboot helps, but I don't want to reboot after every game.

I can't even count how many times I uninstalled ac and chakram drivers. You repeat about this tool every time, did you try to ready my messages? You repeat about windows every time to other people. What would definitely help is switch another manufacturer. I will not ever buy Asus. I had issues with S17 and now this. With zero support as usual.

Nate152
Well, we've about exhausted all options to try and fix the 2006 error.

Unfortunately, I don't have an Xbox gamepad to test with, and since I'm not having any errors with my ROG Chakram X, it seems there could be some compatibility issue with the Xbox gamepad.

So, all we can do now is hope they find your logs useful or they can replicate the 2006 error.

What about the issue when button bindings just stop working? I got this three times, any bindings like ctrl+w, ctrl+t are not working anymore just in the middle of operation. You can access mouse page but no matter of what profile you choose - buttons just don't work with that bindings. Even if I redefine, or change connection or joystick compatibility mode.

Nate152

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We will have to diagnose your logs, in the meantime, it's worth trying again after updating to the latest version of Armoury Crate - V5.4.8.1 (rolled out this week).

The Chakram X is my daily driver and I didn't have any issues when tested with an XBOX ONE controller, is that what you have? (or an older one?)