cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chakram X weird issues + Armory Crate

kreizee
Level 7
Every time the mouse goes to sleep when I connect XBOX controller, then
1. All button settings and lightning are reset on mouse.
2. I can't enter device page in Armory Crate ("we are sorry error with device" 2006 error)
3. Mouse is visible in device tab LIST(not page) but not in aura sync
4. Mouse battery notification disappears from notification tray

Basically nothing helps until next restart OR killing all asus processes(not sure which one exactly, this is very annoying as it doesn't always work as it need 5-7 kills and takes 10-15 mins)
I tried switching connection modes, wire wireless etc. All latest versions are installed

Will there be some support? Not just uninstall AC as the issue continues to appear
I have a log, but attachments should be only jpegs?
35 REPLIES 35

xeromist
kreizee wrote:
Will there be some support? Not just uninstall AC as the issue continues to appear

Did you use the uninstall tool from the support page for the Chakram? If you haven't tried that tool, it's worth a try, then reinstall.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Did you use the uninstall tool from the support page for the Chakram? If you haven't tried that tool, it's worth a try, then reinstall.

I used uninstall tool. I reinstalled and the issue is still reproducible

Nate152
Hello kreizee

Have you tried enabling "Joystick Compatibility Mode"?

Click the pic - 96919

Nate152 wrote:
Hello kreizee

Have you tried enabling "Joystick Compatibility Mode"?

Click the pic - 96919

Of course. I also tried bluetooth and rf. Anyway reinsall or windows install is not an option. I can easily reproduce the issue when connecting xbox pad and mouse goes to sleep.
All these workarounds are not a fix. The fix should be in armoury crate. I checked the forum, lots of people have 2005/2006 error for several years. So something should be done.

I don't want to reboot or reinstall AC every time I play a game with a gamepad

Nate152
Thank you,

Have you tried profile 5?

This should disable the Joystick on the ROG Chakram X.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you,

Have you tried profile 5?

This should disable the Joystick on the ROG Chakram X.

Nate, 1) this option is enabled with Joystick option enabled only, I'm using the mouse with this option disabled with custom keys on joystick. So I didn't tried profile 5. 2) This is not a fix. You are asking to disable joystick, one of the features of the mouse, then why did you buy it? I bought it specifically because of joystick
3) If you have access to dev team, please contact them. This is not normal that flagship mouse doesn't work as it should, but only with tons of workarounds like reinstall Ac, widnows, joystick, whatever

Nate152
Could you please email me your log and I will send it to the dev team.

I sent you a private message with my email.

Thank you

Nate152 wrote:
Could you please email me your log and I will send it to the dev team.

I sent you a private message with my email.

Thank you

I've sent, thank you for your patience.

As I have written in the mail, I stumbled upon another issue today after mouse went to sleep.

I assigned macros or ctrl+w to side buttons and joystick. And they worked fine for a week. But now they just don't launch after a mouse went to sleep for an hour. If I assignÂ*simple actions like arrow or simple A - it works. I tried different connection modes, different profiles, compatibility mode, but even in one profile a simple "t" is printed but ctrl+t is not launched. I added this log but not sure if it gathers clicks and button presses

PS Seriously I didn't even know that a mouse could have so many issues. My previous $10 a4tech was stable as a brick

Nate152
Thank you for your feedback kreizee, I sent your log to the dev team.

Let's hope they find it useful. If they can pinpoint or replicate the error, look for a fix with a future update.