cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chakram X vs SPATHA X

Arovesk
Level 8
Hello, I am facing the choice of a new mouse from the ROG series. I am considering between the Chakram X and the SPATHA X.
1. i would like to know how the joystick works in CAD ( Autodesk Inventor etc. or solidworks) has anyone tried using it to rotate the model?
2. what is the actual day to day functionality of this joystick? Is more standard buttons a better choice?
3. what is the most efficient way of communication? I have heard that not all DPIs are supported by all methods but I can't find exact data.
4. at how many DPI there is the effect of interpolation( continuity of the drawn line in graphics programs).
5. is the release of new mice from the ROG series planned this year? Maybe it is worth waiting a little longer?
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Arovesk,

To answer your question to number 5, it might be better to wait and see what is revealed.

We'll know more in just 2 days.

Click the pic - 96727

HugoMSMarreiros
Level 7
Hey,

what did you end up with?

Arovesk wrote:
Hello, I am facing the choice of a new mouse from the ROG series. I am considering between the Chakram X and the SPATHA X.
1. i would like to know how the joystick works in CAD ( Autodesk Inventor etc. or solidworks) has anyone tried using it to rotate the model?
2. what is the actual day to day functionality of this joystick? Is more standard buttons a better choice?
3. what is the most efficient way of communication? I have heard that not all DPIs are supported by all methods but I can't find exact data.
4. at how many DPI there is the effect of interpolation( continuity of the drawn line in graphics programs).
5. is the release of new mice from the ROG series planned this year? Maybe it is worth waiting a little longer?

I haven't bought either of these two yet, but I found out that Chakram X is coming out in a version without Qi wireless charging under the name "Chakram X Origin", so I expect a lower price.
Currently, in my country, Spatha X costs 600PLN, while Chakram X costs 800PLN, if Chakram X Origin will also cost 600PLN, I will buy Chakram X Origin.

world

Let me try to help answer some of your questions:

Unfortunately I'm not super well-versed in CAD software, but can you map joystick inputs in the software you use? At the very least you can map the joystick as 4 directional buttons.

When I'm just using the mouse for productivity, I have it mapped as arrow keys to make it simple to navigate programs. For gaming, usually if I'm playing a game that needs joystick input I'm using a full controller, so I'd rather have additional thumb inputs, so I usually just have the joystick mapped to 4 additional buttons.

While the joystick is definitely a selling point on the Chakram X, it's definitely important to also consider that the two mice are shaped really differently, so definitely make sure whatever you choose is comfortable and ergonomic for you. Do you have any chance to be able to try out the mouse shapes in person?

Could you clarify what you mean by your 3rd question?