cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chakram update

Detleg
Level 12
Ok, for months now I have been trying to update the Mice, I don't even use the damn dongle since it's fubar and kaput, I also know that is not working for many who try to update the device, it still want's me to connect the 2.4 Ghz RF dongle to the PC so I can update the mice, is there a workaround or fix in yet?
for a 150 bucks it's a steep price to not being able to do the basics.
before asking, yes I used all the proper cables and ports to do the update.
I attached a pic.
Thanks for any feedback on this.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Since you are on an older version I just went through the latest firmware update to 13.1 and yes it still requires both. I wanted to double check that it had not changed recently. My guess is that it either does the update over wireless (and the usb is just for power) or maybe the dongle itself has firmware and needs a matching update. Either way it's unlikely to change since this product has been out for quite a while.

I don't know what the problem is with your dongle but have you tried plugging it in just for the firmware update? Even if it's not working for mousing it might allow you to perform the update.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Detleg
Level 12
Thanks X for the reply
Yes I tried that too, I used all different USB ports too, no go, maybe it has something to do with the Armory crate

Detleg
Level 12
I got it to work finally, plug the dongle in a USB port, and take another cable and connect the mice to a USB port, then update.
a bit complex but ok.
thanks Xero for replying.

Nate152
Hey Detleg,

Good to hear you got your ROG Chakram to update.

I have the ROG Chakram Core and it's now my favorite mouse, it has won me over from all others.

I hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am.

I gave you a rep for providing your solution.