cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strix flare II debug pls

FitchTV
Level 7

so my keyboard is fine except the escape key is flashing green. and every key on my keyboard will play/pause videos like a shortcut. I cannot use the escape key to hardware reset either. my windows key must be held down now instead of tapped? help please!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

FitchTV
Level 7

follow-up every keypress pauses video until key is unpressed. (holding key keeps video paused but when unpressed video plays)

Nate152

Hello FitchTV,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your ROG Strix Flare II keyboard.

Have you installed Armoury Crate and updated the firmware?

Here are the latest versions.

ROG Strix Flare II.png

You can reset your keyboard with Armoury Crate on the keys page.

ROG Strix Flare II keys.png

Does everything look normal in Armoury Crate? You can post screenshots if you like.

Here is the link to Armoury Crate. In the link below select your operating system, install version 3.2.5.2, then head to the update center and check for updates.

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

ARMOURY CRATE HAS BEEN INSTALLED SINCE I GOT IT YES AND ITS UPDATED. AND TOIDAY NOW EVERY KEY PRESS MUTES AND UNMUTES SOUND OF EVERYTHING. i payed $500 CANADIAN FOR THIS **bleep**!?

Nate152

Ok,

Not to worry, is your ROG Strix Flare II still under warranty? If we can't fix it, you can use the warranty for a replacement. The warranty is good for 1 year from the purchase date.

Have you done any other troubleshooting? Here are some things to try.

1) Disconnect your keyboard from your pc and reconnect it.

2) Uninstall your keyboard from device manager and reboot. It should show under "Mice and other pointing devices".

3) Run the windows keyboard troubleshooter.

4) Add the US QWERTY keyboard layout in windows.

5) Are you able to try your keyboard on another pc to confirm the same issues? No need to install Armoury Crate to test it.