Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift + End on Azoth?

Jm2c
Level 8

Hello,

just got my ROG Azoth. 

How do I press "Shift + Home" or "Shift + End"?

Is the FN-key not working within shortcuts or is it just me?

13 REPLIES 13

Nate152

Hello Jm2c

The Fn key should be working on your ROG Azoth.

As an example, I use Fn + P = PrtSc (print screen) to take screenshots then paste them in paint.

Home is Fn + PgUp

End is Fn + PgDn

You should see the white lettering on the front of the keys.

Hello and thx for the answer. 

The combinations for itself are working.

But I need Shift + Home to mark a whole line of text from the cursor to the start of the line.

So I would have to press Shift + FN + PgUp. And this is not working. 

Nate152

Ok, I think I see what you want to do.

In Armoury Crate, try changing the PgUp key to Home.

I recorded a quick video to show how to do it.

After selecting Keyboard function, click the rectangle box below to turn it red, press Fn+PgUp to set it to Home.

Let me know if this is what you're wanting to do and if it works for you.

Hello Nate152,

thx for your efford of making a video. 

I already thought about switching PgUp and Home.  But it seems that I am not able to switch the FN + x shortcuts.

If I change PgUp to Home and PgDn to End I would end up having no PgUp and PgDn.

So the only way I see without loosing keys would be to use the knob at the OLED.

(PgUp = Home ; PgDn = End ; Knob up = PgUp ; Knob down = PgDn)

This would work, but would not be very satisfying. 

Do you know if there are plans of expanding the functionality of the FN key?

For example to have the possibility to change the existing FN shortcuts or maybe even create new ones would be awesome. (something like FN + y = start y**tube)

Nate152

Ah, I was hoping you could sacrifice the PgUp and PgDn keys, but it looks like you need them.

Are there any keys you rarely use or never use, like maybe some of the F keys? There are two Ctrl and two Alt keys, you could sacrifice a Ctrl and Alt key for Home and End and still have Ctrl and Alt.

As for plans for expanding the function of the Fn key, I have no idea, it's a good suggestion though.

specimen151
Level 7

This is pretty horible actually. I also just got this super expensive keyboard, and then I'm about to code somthing, need to select to end-of-line, holding SHIFT+END, but since END = FN+PgDn, I'm in the exact same situation: SHIFT + Fn + PgDn. Same as my old super cheap MS Keyboard, except with this new Asus it doen't work... I thought mechanical keyboards could detect many keypresses at the same time, etc. 

Hello speciman,

The ROG Azoth is a 75% keyboard so some physical keys are missing, those missing keys are accessible with the Fn key combination. 

As mentioned in the thread, you can make it work by reassigning the Home and End keys to have Shift + Home and Shift + End and still have the PgUp and PgDn keys.

In Armoury Crate, you can reassign one of the Ctrl keys to Home and one of the Alt keys to End (or visa versa), and still have all the functions on the keyboard.

I understand that you can use Fn+PgDn to access End, and that’s fine. So thats the End key. But why does it stop working when applying shift? Logically Fn+PgDn+Shift should then equal Shift+End. 

thats what OP and myself react to. 
I know that one can remap keys, but thats a workaround for something that should just work. 

and by the way Armoury Crate faiks during install 601 error. But that’s another story.

Nate152

I see what you're trying to do and what's happening is, the Shift key is making Fn + PgDn recognized as an improper command.

I suspect any keyboard would act this way trying that command.