cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless Keycap Fully Transparent?

Valour59
Level 9

Valour59_0-1714684519936.png

This is a screenshot from the official ROG Global youtube video of the ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless. It appears that the keycaps are transparent even on the bottom sides and hence RGB lighting shines through the secondary symbols. However, in some review videos it isn't fully clear but it seems the RGB lighting only shines through the main symbol of the keycaps?

Could anyone with the actual keyboard confirm what the case is, thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nate152

Hello Valour59

On mine, the lighting shows the primary and secondary symbols on the top of the keys.

Symbols on the front of the keys that use that use the Fn key for certain functions are not lit, where as the ones in your picture are lit.

Same with the numpad keys. In your picture, the 7 key has 7 and Home lit, mine has only the 7 lit.

So basically, with my ROG Strix Scope II 96 wireless, any commands/functions that correspond with the Fn key are not lit, they are shown in white which still makes them easy to see.

I don't find it a big deal, I'm sure they could be replaced with keys that light the Fn functions.

View solution in original post

The protruding dot is only on PBT, but not ABS. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

Hello Valour59

On mine, the lighting shows the primary and secondary symbols on the top of the keys.

Symbols on the front of the keys that use that use the Fn key for certain functions are not lit, where as the ones in your picture are lit.

Same with the numpad keys. In your picture, the 7 key has 7 and Home lit, mine has only the 7 lit.

So basically, with my ROG Strix Scope II 96 wireless, any commands/functions that correspond with the Fn key are not lit, they are shown in white which still makes them easy to see.

I don't find it a big deal, I'm sure they could be replaced with keys that light the Fn functions.

Could I enquire, on your "W" key, is there a small round protruding dot (similar to the usual protruding hyphens on "F" and "J")?

The protruding dot is only on PBT, but not ABS. 

Valour59
Level 9

That's very clear thank you. Also, can you charge the keyboard with a normal USB A-to-C charger?

Nate152

It comes with a USB-C to USB-A cable, it's recommended to charge the keyboard from a pc USB port.  

Hmmm it's a USB type-C device and even though it doesn't have fast charging (well at least not advertised so), are there really going to be issues charging it with say, a fast charging phone charger? What do your friends from R&D say XD 

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

Note that laser etching is different for ABS and PBT models.