cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scope 2 96 Wireless rgb mode problem

zmed
Level 7

When I change the RGB mode via the keyboard, the mode changes to continuous rainbow within a few seconds. When I connect via wireless connection to the Armory Crate program, the keyboard settings do not open. When I try to uninstall the Armory Crate software with the Armory Crate Uninstall Tool, it gives an error and a clean uninstallation process does not occur. The keyboard is seen as a HID keyboard device in the device manager. When I try to manually select the driver, the strix scope 2 96 wireless driver does not appear among the options. Is it possible to update the keyboard driver from somewhere other than Armory Crate?

3 REPLIES 3

Nate152

Hello zmed

You have to use Armoury Crate to do the updates.

Try uninstalling the HID keyboard device from device manager.

Then uninstall Armoury Crate from windows.

AC uninstall.png

Reboot your pc and install Armoury Crate version 3.2.11.2, then head to the Armoury Crate update center and check for updates.

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

The ROG Strix Scope II 96 wireless supports the ROG Omni Receiver, be sure you're updated to the ROG Omni Receiver.

Also, make sure windows dynamic lighting is turned off and Armoury Crate is at the top of the list under Baxkground lighting control.

ddynamic lighting off.png

Scope II 96 wireless Omni Receiver.png

zmed
Level 7

The problem was solved by installing Armory Crate Gear - ROG Strix Scope II 96 wireless before installing the Armory Crate program.

Nate152

I never tried Armoury Crate Gear, but good to hear you have it working.