cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Flare stopped working - [PLEASE READ TO AVOID]

Inphecthyuz
Level 7
Hello guys i buy a rog strix flare keyboard and it works pretty well... At moment to install Armoury II software the keyboard turn all leds off and i choose restart my pc, when it log into windows the system could not detect the keyboard anymore.

Hope you can help me reviving this keyboard (use was 3 min) and it dead...
103 REPLIES 103

blind1337nedm
Level 7
hey can you check that forum out that you directed me too please.

so i just called and they told me they dont have a replacement to send and if i want my money back they will cut 30 % of it and send the rest...i worked with the keyboard for 4 days... 4 days only...the problem was not caused by me and i have to pay for it? this was the last time i bought any asus products :mad::mad::mad::mad:

sorry if i'm in the wrong thread, if so, could someone direct me to it, my problem is with my strix flare, it seems to automatically presses the Ctrl button after I typed a word, and it is now unusable due to the problem, is there a solution for it? already tried disabling the sticky keys feature on windows, but problem still not fixed. just bought it last December 2018, thank you very much

beklogbuster wrote:
sorry if i'm in the wrong thread, if so, could someone direct me to it, my problem is with my strix flare, it seems to automatically presses the Ctrl button after I typed a word, and it is now unusable due to the problem, is there a solution for it? already tried disabling the sticky keys feature on windows, but problem still not fixed. just bought it last December 2018, thank you very much

This will need to be in a different thread since it is unrelated. This will be deleted once you read it. I suggest to factory reset the keyboard - FN+Esc. You can find out how to use other Flare functions here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102043-Keys-to-the-Features-ROG-Strix-Flare

kasra_darktroll wrote:
so i just called and they told me they dont have a replacement to send and if i want my money back they will cut 30 % of it and send the rest...i worked with the keyboard for 4 days... 4 days only...the problem was not caused by me and i have to pay for it? this was the last time i bought any asus products :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why do you need a replacement? If you bricked it, service people can rectify the issue.
Can you please create a thread in the service-related inquiries section if you do actually have a broken keyboard? Dedicated people here can help you.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?295

sundarnet
Level 7
ok so im having a similar issue
hardware list is
rampage vi extreme m/b
1070 rog strix v/c
rog strix flare
rog strix fusion 700
as soon as i install rog armoury 2 software the kayboard wont communicate with the armoury software, keys work lighting effects are saved from last settings change but volume controls and extra keys stop working immediately after installing ROG armoury 2
this all on a fresh install of windows with only bare minimum driver set to get the system working properly
had the same issue with an old install of windows , installed armory 2 and volume and media keys stopped working and no communication with ROG armoury i have to unistall ROG Armoury to get these controls to work again
please get this issue fixed as i have spent ridiculous amounts of money for these products and your software is all over the place, make it all work via the crate and consolidate all your ROG software now!

I see that this post is being intentionally neglected for a fix for those who bought the keyboard near launch and is out of warranty. The RMA diagnostic fee is $30+ after shipping just to conclude that the firmware has bricked itself due to faulty software from launch. After their $30+ dollar diagnostic, they will quote you a price to fix it. What a joke.

I can't believe ASUS isn't giving the consumers a way to fix the issue that they made from the date of production because of a faulty programming issue. I see multiple threads on this forum in regards to this issue and ASUS willfully ignores each one of them. ASUS has become a brand that was a leader in quality to the polar opposite. I am leaving a review on each website such as Amazon, Newegg, and so on that this keyboard is a horrible software mess and ASUS has done nothing about it.

My keyboard stopped working after updating, they are expensive products and customer support is very bad.

I HAVE A BAD FIRMWARE for ROG FLARE and its not recognized can any send me a firmware ? 84475

GeoBRB
Level 10
I have this keyboard from yesterday.
The leds are closed when the PC is shutdows. It's OK, but when i touch any key the keyboard led are open and remain open permanently. Why ? It's OK?
I want to touch my keyboard when the PC is sutdown and the leds must be always closed.

Need answer. Someone has the same issue?