Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog logo not lighting up properly after firmware update [Resolved]

lexpolicarpio
Level 7
I have software version 2.04.06
80% firmware version : 1.09.01

all works properly on default color schemes it only doesnt work properly on custom effect

ROG CLAYMORE
21 REPLIES 21

Ilya_Bychkov wrote:
The logo is still not working on firmware for this product (keyboard/80%) is 1.09.01.

This bug was fixed a long time ago... In which lighting mode does the logo not light up? Reactive is the only mode where it does not apply.

Which version of Armoury II are you running? The latest is 2.05.01.

Reactive mode? Oh thx.
I use Armoury II (2.06.01).

Thanks for the answer. 😃

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
This bug was fixed a long time ago... In which lighting mode does the logo not light up? Reactive is the only mode where it does not apply.

The original version of the firmware that the claymore came with, in reactive mode the rog logo would light up when the space bar was hit, is there a way to revert the firmware?

MasterC@ROG wrote:
The bug will be resolved by the next update, which is scheduled to be released in a few weeks.

and it's not working in 2021.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
The bug will be resolved by the next update, which is scheduled to be released in a few weeks.

and it's not working in 15/05/2021.

ArchLaLo wrote:
and it's not working in 15/05/2021.

soo it turnout that asus mis-coded that the logo is index number 122. so using an xml file editor i could chage the indexx number that was 122 to 123. if anyone is not sure on how to do this here are the step is used

get xml notepad

export from aura creator the profile that doesn't have the rog logo lighting up on by clicking the 3 dots in the top right hand corner next to the profile drop down. but make sure that in aura creator you select it. i know you used to not be able to select but now you can select it, it will glow yellow when its layer i clickde on.

this should be an xml file and put it somewhere that you will find easly

then open xml notepad and find the file you just exported

go to the tree view tab then you will get you file directory of the xml file

shoud be in this pathway: root/layers/layer(find the layer which you put the keyboard in. if you forgot go back to aura creator and have a look what you named it. you will know which one it is as when you expaned each directory it will have its name show) / devices (if you have mutlpple do the same for the layers by exapanding each one untill you see rog claymore)

then a list of indexes will show up that in a big list in blue

scroll down to find the index named index 122

double click and change it 123

press enter and ctrl s or save the file

go back to aura creator and then click the 3 dots again and press import. select the file you just saved from the xml notpad.

YOUR DONE!! now all you have to do is delete the old profile that was not working and rename the current if your that picky (i am)

alexandertk wrote:
soo it turnout that asus mis-coded that the logo is index number 122. so using an xml file editor i could chage the indexx number that was 122 to 123. if anyone is not sure on how to do this here are the step is used

get xml notepad

export from aura creator the profile that doesn't have the rog logo lighting up on by clicking the 3 dots in the top right hand corner next to the profile drop down. but make sure that in aura creator you select it. i know you used to not be able to select but now you can select it, it will glow yellow when its layer i clickde on.

this should be an xml file and put it somewhere that you will find easly

then open xml notepad and find the file you just exported

go to the tree view tab then you will get you file directory of the xml file

shoud be in this pathway: root/layers/layer(find the layer which you put the keyboard in. if you forgot go back to aura creator and have a look what you named it. you will know which one it is as when you expaned each directory it will have its name show) / devices (if you have mutlpple do the same for the layers by exapanding each one untill you see rog claymore)

then a list of indexes will show up that in a big list in blue

scroll down to find the index named index 122

double click and change it 123

press enter and ctrl s or save the file

go back to aura creator and then click the 3 dots again and press import. select the file you just saved from the xml notpad.

YOUR DONE!! now all you have to do is delete the old profile that was not working and rename the current if your that picky (i am)

Brother you are a genius, you did what ROG couldn't, I am very grateful, a pity that this problem has been going on for more than a year and still they can't do anything.
Greetings alexandertk.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We wouldn't recommend reverting to legacy firmware, it may result in other unexpected issues.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
We wouldn't recommend reverting to legacy firmware, it may result in other unexpected issues.

is there a repository where i can download legacy firmware?

rrswayze wrote:
is there a repository where i can download legacy firmware?

Sorry, only previous versions or Armoury. I'm only able to provide the latest firmware if you need it.